Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's your biggest wedding day worry?

Joey, on April 10, 2019 at 08:05

Posted in WeddingWire 51

Unruly guests. Screaming babies. Things running behind schedule. A last-minute breakout, illness, or early period. A relative hitting the open bar a little too hard. A bad hair day. Wedding crashers. What fears are filling your wedding nightmares? What's your biggest wedding day worry?

Unruly guests. Screaming babies. Things running behind schedule. A last-minute breakout, illness, or early period. A relative hitting the open bar a little too hard. A bad hair day. Wedding crashers. What fears are filling your wedding nightmares?

What's your biggest wedding day worry?

giphy.gif

51 Comments

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé’s dad behaving like a jerk (he believes the world revolves around him) and/or getting totally wasted and loud, and my SIL being her usual drama-llama self. 🙄
    Everything else will work itself out.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My gosh... Now that's going to be an interesting call to make to inform them....

I heard it can be rude and I was worried about that but I plan on putting "To give all our guests the opportunity to celebrate without having to worry about little eyes and ears, this will be an adults-only celebration."

I can already tell I will either be getting some No's from my Dad's side or some Aunts calling to ask if they are an exception Smiley atonished

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So we said no kids on the website in a couple spots. But we didn’t put it directly on the invitations as I was told this was rude by my mom.

So instead we made sure everyone’s invited were addressed directly to them (not the word family involved) and got the RSVP cards that say how many seats are reserved. Thought this would still get the point across...

Well we just got our first two RSVP cards back… someone crossed out 2 seats and put 3 and wrote their god damn kids name on it too!

The worst part is… it’s not family.. it’s not even close friends. It’s FH childhood friend he hasn’t seen in like 6 years.. and has never met the wife or the kid.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is all to real for me. My family drama is next level. I am terrified. It has gotten to the point I have already threatened people that I will kick them out the day of if they cause anything. I don't care who you are. haha

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my weather is one.. but the big one is drama or uninvited guest.

My mom and Dad (Step) are seperated... and even to the point they once had restraining orders against each other.. so theres that. She also hates the fact I invited his new girlfriend. (But I kinda like her more than my mom rightnow to be honest haha) My mom also isn't on speaking terms with her sister or father. So she is mad about the fact they are coming.

She also doesn't like that I invited my Baba and Grandpa from my Bio Dads family. So there is alot of tension to navigate and hope someone doesn't go off especially after a few drinks.

Then there is the whole issue of my biological father. He is not a part of my life. Was recently in jail. Has a drug and alcohol problem. He was actually still supposed to be in jail past my wedding date. I invited my Baba and Grandpa because they are the two people from that side that I have remained in contact with and were always amazing to me. However I did this under the impression my Bio Dad would be incarcerated and unable to crash my wedding. Well he got out early.. and is living at their house. So he know's about the wedding.

And although he knows he is not welcome.. I am terrified that he is going to show up and cause a scene. Smiley sad

Then I am also worried about people trying to bring kids.. even though we have it everywhere that no children are invited. Our immediate family is cool with this and has already arranged babysitters. But we had someone already send an RSVP back and try to add their child... even though it was specifically addressed to just them and said 2 seats reserved.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I worry about weird things. We are having lots of kids at the wedding. Im worried about them grabbing at the cupcakes and knocking them all over. Haha. Scream all you want at the ceremony, that doesn’t bother me one bit. But please don’t knock over my $600 cupcakes. Lol. I also worry about my BIL signing our night sky print in the centre where the stars are. He’s the only one that would ever do that, because he literally has zero respect for other people. As far as the big things go, I’m not to worried. I don’t expect things to work out perfectly, so hopefully when they do get messed up, I handle it with grace lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried about drama... I hope and believe people can and will leave their differences at the door, but I'm just worried about being stressed out the day of worrying if everyone is getting along...

I know we can't make everyone happy BUT DARN I WANT TO Smiley cry

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seems like th popular one so far is people bringing their kids but I know all our guests pretty well and I really don't think that will happen. So I was thinking maybe the weather but I'm also not super worry about that when I think of it. When I really think about it I'm most worried about how our son is going to be. The whole day is going to throw him off his schedule, people will be disturbing his naps, it will be loud so will he even be able to take his naps, is it going to be too overwhelming for him seeing all these he people he doesn't know. He's a huge mama's boy so I'm also worried if he does get overwhelmed he will just want to be with me the entire time.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg all of these Smiley cry I already know that I'll be on my period (ugh) and that's pretty much my biggest worry, as I get really severe pain. When we booked, I wasn't supposed to be, but over time it's just worked out that way. Crossing my fingers it's not that bad.

I'm also worried about people getting up in the middle of my ceremony to take pictures, people bringing their kids to the reception and us not having children's meals for them, and, of course, running late. I'm struggling with creating my timeline right now and to be honest I have no idea how long things will actually take.

Also - super worried that my ex-best friend will show up. We had a massive falling out late last year, around the same time that she broke off her engagement to her fiance, my FH's best friend for the last 15 years. We haven't spoken since she broke up with him, but my brother-in-law saw her this weekend at a party with her ex-fiance, and I live in terror that they will get back together in time for my wedding. So much drama, I know, but if she showed up I think I would faint.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly - we have only one cousin who is currently pregnant and the baby would be 5 months old by the time of the wedding so... I'm not sure if I would want to leave my 5mo old at home with a SIL/BIL but she has 2 other kids that will have to stay home and my own coworker came back to work just 2-3 months after giving birth so... We will see!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! And with the newborns, the mother should still ask! We went to a wedding in the summer, and my sister in law's son was still breast feeding, she asked the bride if she could bring him and didn't assume!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Other than people bringing their kids after we have it on the invites as well as the wedding website that they are not allowed - I would say my second worry would be the weather not working out Smiley atonished I know, it's silly... but we want to get married outside on the dock and we want bonfires at night!! So we need the weather to be like 10°C roughly and had some rain recently to avoid a fire ban!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!! lol, no kids whatsoever! The only way we are allowing kids is if they are like brand-new babies that can't be separated from their mom, and even then we would appreciate them not coming...

Our main concern is the ceremony though so we are having none at all - wouldn't want a kid to cry/scream during that... I've been to a wedding where this has happened and you can't help but feel bad for the bride and groom.

• S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess it would be forgetting to plan something important that should be obvious since I've totally bombed on all those "10 things to remember" so far!
    Otherwise not much would bother me, I don't have to worry about others messing up because (I'm such a cluts) I've accepted that it'll probably be me tripping up the aisle/knocking over the cake/dropping decorations lol; It would just make for a story to tell.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stick to your guns about it! Both our families think we are being rude that we are sending out own family away after a certain time but its necessary and the kids need to go to bed. The people with the babies are the ones upset by it. No one really knows besides the people who talk to us on the regular that there are no kids. His family is in for a shocker when they receive it. Either way its our budget and our wedding. They should respect it.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I agree. My sister is arranging to have her son picked up after dinner so they can enjoy the night! I haven't even sent out my invites and I am already getting rude comments lol! Glad I am not alone in this one!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have 3 on my side and 4 on his side. they are invited but have a curfew they need to leave by. they all under 7. I just don't want screaming babies or anything like that either. A lot of his cousins are under age of 12. They aren't invited and I know when people get invite they will be upset

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is mine as well! We have it right on our RSVP that it is just adults for ceremony and reception (we want to let the parents have a night out without kids). The only kids we are having are our immediate nieces and nephews. FH has 6 on his side, and I have 4 on my side, 8/10 of these kids are under 10 so they are cheaper anyways!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine would be that people show up with kids even after I have specified no kids on the invite. I don't want to be put in the situation of telling them to leave..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics