Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie September 2024 Ontario

What would you do? Groom messes up Vows badly

Kathleen, on September 14, 2024 at 16:11 Posted in Just married 0 1
Congratulations all on your weddings. I just got married yesterday and I am hoping to get some opinions as my groom ruined our wedding and quite honestly I don't even want to stay in the relationship anymore. We were at the alter and he was reciting his Vows to me and said "from the time he was a child he had dreams of the woman he would marry although he couldn't see her face just a tall blonde woman".....I'm a red head. His written Vows in the vow book said red but he said blonde. There were gasps of astonishment from our guests, the groomsmen looked at him like he was an idiot and I was totally humiliated and very hurt. His only comment was it was a mistake and I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1 Comment

Latest activity by Kate, on September 24, 2024 at 08:06
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kathleen, I'm sorry to hear this. We are all just looking for the day to go as smooth as possible and it's hard when these things happen but this is life and nothing is perfect.

On one side... I think there is more of an expression of "tall blonde" rather than "tall redhead" I mean, I think that can even refer to a beer no? a tall blonde? SO... I can kind of see how there would be a mix up of words. I think it's definitely something you should work through and hopefully down the road, much down the road you can have a laugh about it. Wishing you the best Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics