Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What will be your menu options?

Emilie, on December 2, 2016 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

Hi wonderful brides Smiley heart

Let's talk food!! Smiley tongue What will be your menu options for your wedding dinner?

Send pictures if you have some! Can't wait to see how delicious they look! Smiley love

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Image: Pinterest

12 Comments

Latest activity by Simone, on December 3, 2016 at 11:07
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had another visit with the banquet manager and she confirmed that it would be an extra charge for multiple menu options per person as the staff would have work extra hard. I was given a new menu and my FH and I will have to go over it to confirm if we want to have stuffed chicken as the main course. But everything else would be the same, New York style cheesecake with their choice of topping, Caesar salad and mixed vegetables.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking ham and scalloped potatoes with a salad bar, and are hoping to get the Girl Guides to cater
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I don't know what else I could have done but it still bothers me! I did send an email to our restaurant with things for them to improve on so hopefully they do a better job for future brides and grooms! They said that they took everything into consideration and are working on changing some of their processes. We are still very happy with how it went overall but there was definitely room for improvement!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That salmon is massive! That's so frustrating about the servers! It's my biggest fear because we have a TON of guests with different needs. Though if you checked with your caterer multiple times and stressed it was for allergies, I don't know what else you could have even done!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Come on out to Niagara! I'm allowed to bring whoever I want (for a small fee)

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sure hope so!! We tried the carrot cake and the strawberry pavlova and I couldn't decide between them! That is when the owner suggested a dessert bar and said free of charge! We both agreed that was the perfect solution!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For canapes, we had: Cherry Tomato & Bocconcini Skewers, Prosciutto & Fig Pizzette, Mini Grilled Cheese Squares (apple & brie), Smoked Salmon Lollipops and Meatball Spoons.

For the appetizer course we did tomato bisque with grilled cheese croutons. (And I didn't spill any on my dress!)

For the entrees, there was grilled wild BC salmon (maple glaze, seasonal vegetable & herb butter roasted nugget potatoes) or grilled free range chicken (mushroom demi-glace, seasonal vegetables, tomato & wild mushroom barley). I got the salmon and my husband got the chicken so we got to try both!

Chicken meal

Chicken meal

Salmon meal

Salmon meal

For dessert, we had lemon semifreddo with a pistachio biscotti. We did the cake cutting later and then had a late night snack of poutine! Everyone has been raving about the poutine! (Even our vegan guest had a whole plate of it! Clearly not a strict vegan...) I had a bite, left and came back and it was still good cold! Wish I'd had more because it's hard to find good poutine in the States!

Poutine- Late Night Snack

Poutine- Late Night Snack

My one word of advice is that if someone has dietary restrictions/food allergies, make sure that your caterer takes it seriously! We went over it multiple times with our restaurant that we had guests that were celiac (gluten free) so they absolutely could not have gluten for medical reasons. We even gave them a list of where all of the dietary restrictions would be seated. My aunt ordered a gluten free meal (she has many very severe food allergies) and they told her that there wasn't gluten in the barley when there was and she got sick at the wedding. Smiley sad Luckily she didn't eat much of it or she could have been more serious! I didn't even know when it happened because our families didn't want to bother us so I felt terrible afterwards! Completely unacceptable. We also heard from other guests that the servers were trying to give gluten free meals to people who weren't gluten free so the servers were clearly not on top of it. Smiley angry

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dessert bar sounds bomb! Your guests are going to love that!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg this is making me hungry! If you need help with your tasting, hit me up! Smiley winking

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided to make some kind of big main dish, and ask a few close family members to bring sides!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our menu is:
    assorted dinner rolls with butter
    caesar salad
    creamy garlic chicken with a bean and carrot medley and roasted potatoes!

I found photos of the bean's, carrots, and potatoes! There was one photo that could be the chicken but I am not 100% sure! So I will just post what I found

Potatoes

Potatoes

Beans and carrot medley

Beans and carrot medley

We also plan on having a dessert buffet.... These are the options that we were able to choose from when we went in for our taste test so I believe these are the items that will be included but since it is free of charge to do the dessert bar we will be letting the owner get creative as she said she loves being able to try new desserts and she what people like and dislike!! For the dessert we tried the strawberry pavlova and the carrot cake! I do have a photo of the strawberry pavlova!

Strawberry pavlova! (ignore the pasta)

Strawberry pavlova!

Strawberry Pavlova
    Sticky Toffee Pudding
    Fruit Tarts
    Pecan Pie
    French Apple Pie
    Carrot Cake Black
    Forest Trifle

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh I can't even wait for my tasting to figure out my menu!! But our menu will likely be:

Assorted Rolls & Creamy Dill Butter Field Fresh Greens with Raspberry Penne (Portobello Mushrooms in a Rosemary Garlic Sauce & Tomato Basil) Chicken En Croute (Rosemary Roasted Chicken Breast in a Puff Pastry served on Supreme Sauce) with potatoes and veggies (tbd) Dessert Buffet

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics