Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

María
Featured Valle del Cauca

What wedding traditions are you following?

María, on December 21, 2016 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Brides and grooms,

We are all familiar with wedding traditions, right? Smiley sexy

Something old, something new, something borrow, something blue, being carried across the threshold, wearing a veil, seeing each other before the ceremony etc. Smiley shame

Which traditions are you following?

What wedding traditions are you following? Smiley ring

7 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on December 21, 2016 at 15:37
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish your cat could! That would be fantastic!

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely nothing religious! But first dance and bouquet toss most likely!
    I'll walk myself down the aisle. I'd have my cat do it if I could!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely doing the following: something old, something new, something borrowed and blue, wearing a veil, not seeing each other before the day of our wedding and wait to see each other when I walk down the aisle and there will be a bouquet and garter toss.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not follow most of the traditions! I had a veil but I actually forgot to wear it to the ceremony! Smiley atonished Haha good thing I only rented it instead of buying it! (And it would have covered my gorgeous hair so I'm glad I forgot it.) We did a bouquet toss but not a garter toss. My mom walked me down the aisle. I didn't do the something old, etc. I would have liked to be carried across the threshold but I outweigh my husband so that was a no go haha. We didn't see each other the day of the wedding and as we were lining up to go in to the ceremony, I heard my husband's voice for the first time that day and started crying! Wasn't expecting that!

We did save the top tier of our wedding cake and hope to have it on our first anniversary!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting rid of many traditions too.. I'm wearing a veil, but NOT a blusher, my parents are walking me down the aisle (not just my dad), no garter toss, POSSIBLY still have the bouquet toss (but hopefully not), HAHA FH can't carry me anywhere! No something old, new, borrowed or blue.

But FH doesn't want to see me before the ceremony, and I didn't overly care so I let him have that one.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are tossing a lot of traditions out the window- We won't see one another until the ceremony, and my dad will walk me down the aisle, we will do the dances with our parents, and our first dance.

I'm not sure that I will have old/new/borrowed and blue, not sure yet. I know I will NOT be carried anywhere, and there will be no garter toss, or bouquet toss. I'm not wearing a veil....but I think those are the only "big ones" I am ignoring.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am trying to incorporate something old, new, borrowed and blue! I will be also wearing a veil!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics