Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

What Was The Cost Of Your diy Dessert Table?

Nicole, on August 30, 2020 at 12:48 Posted in DIY 1 4

Howdy! We're planning on doing our own dessert table (some homemade, some Costco!) for our Oct 29th wedding. There will be around 175 people and we would like to include donuts, apple and pumpkin pie, chocolate and carrot cupcakes, and 2-4 homemade cakes. Has anyone prepared their own dessert table? How many people was it for and how much did it cost? Would you recommend doing this or was it too much work? A break down the the amount of each dessert you got would be greatly appreciated also! Thanks for your help!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jes, on September 10, 2020 at 02:44
  • Jes
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Jes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found out that ours would be closer to a grand so that will be reconsidered. It makes me want to sneak in my own desserts lol.

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I just did my own dessert table for my bridal shower for less than 40 people (baked with my mother and sister in law) and it was A LOT of work. We were exhausted. You have such a high number of guests, I think you will be swamped.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you might want to cut something so it's easier to determine what you need. For example cakes and cupcakes seem a little redundant to me, especially where the cupcakes are so easy for guests to self serve.

If things will be pre-cut I would recommend half sized slices so people can try more than one of something. So if a pie traditionally has 8 slices aim for at least 12. I'm a big desert person, so personally I would want to be able to have a little pie and a little carrot cake without feeling like I'd eaten the whole table of treats.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting individual portioned custard tarts and another pastry that doesn't require cutting. We don't trust drunk or tipsy guests to use a knife and cut a dessert properly without wrecking the darn thing lol. This is on top of our wedding cake as our dessert course.

We found a bakery that offers the pastries we want for $1-2 per piece and will be ordering for just over half the amount of guests. So if I have 250 guests, I will order around 150 pieces of each dessert. This is based on personal experience attending other weddings (where my friends, my fiancee, and I have never touched the dessert table) and recommendations from family and friends who got married and told us how they ordered multiple things + wedding cake and had enough for one piece per item per person and the majority of it is not touched by the end of the night.

Will you have other sweets at the reception, like a dessert course with the meal plus wedding cake? Maybe a fruit platter on top? Will you also have a savory late night station? If so, having all these desserts on top while AWESOME might be a bit too much food and you'll end up having to schlep it back home at the end of the night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics