Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tatiana
Expert April 2018 Ontario

What to get the Bridal Shower host?

Tatiana, on November 28, 2017 at 16:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

So this is a continuation of my earlier question about a gift for my bridal shower host. I am really struggling on what to get, thinking jewellery or bath products? What are your plans, what will you get your shower host as a gift?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tatiana, on November 30, 2017 at 10:38
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tash i like it Smiley smile

• Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hadn't really thought of this because we're not there yet but personalized gifts are always nice, I like getting a reusable basket from Walmart and putting a few things in it. A tea towel, bath products like you said...Maybe a bottle of wine and a glass that has their name on it?
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was actually done through our photographer who has a vendor she uses, but you could do shutterfly or vistaprint or staples (I think they all have those options)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love that idea, the certificate was for shutterfly or?

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've always seen it done. "tradition" is a tricky thing though. We wanted to get our parents gifts for being there during the planning process and as a nice gesture, but when it comes to weddings, nothing is required. Generally just do what feels the most.."right". We gave all the parents gift certificates to have photobooks made when our wedding pictures come in - something nice to remember the day for them.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Andrea, i wasn't aware there were parents gifts also? news to me, is this tradition?

• Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Maid of Honour is hosting mine, so I'm already getting her a gift for her help with the wedding. I'm just adding extra cost to the gift from them because I'd rather get her something nice and useful than a bunch of small thank you stuff she's never going to use. My MOH isn't a very girly girl though. You could Take your sister in law out for dinner to as thanks? No one says gifts have to be physical or given the day of. Send her to the spa! Planning stuff is stressful as I'm sure we all know!Smiley xd

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom hosted mine, and I didn't get her an extra gift, I just got all the parents gifts for the wedding itself. I did send her a special thank you note, though.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following! I have my bridal party though that are posting and have gotten them presents but I may get them each a bath bomb or something!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics