Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

What to do when someone gives you stuff you already have?

Hank, on May 5, 2021 at 20:29 Posted in Living together 0 2

For those who received house warming gifts, what do you do when someone gifts you an item or appliance you already have (and don't want to part with) but didn't give you a gift receipt? Do you tell them? Would it make them feel bad?

Or what if different people gift you the same item?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 27, 2021 at 13:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This may sound bad when its said though I have done it, regift for Christmas to those you know who don't know who gave it to you. Marketplace sell the items so you can get extra cash for them and help to get the space needed. Family always do need things too if anything breaks down or a full set of glasses at some point.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For most things I kept the duplicates - I have more wine glasses than anyone could reasonably need, and I think I have about three crockpots, fortunately they are all different sizes. Some things I traded with my sister (I had several sets of wooden salad bowls, she had lots of lamps...). I would tell a close friend if they gave me a duplicate of something but in most cases I usually kept it to myself and worked it out later on my own.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics