Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ehjae
Newbie August 2022 Alberta

What to do instead of exchanging rings?

Ehjae, on May 28, 2020 at 13:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

We are getting tattoos for our wedding bands. I also have a ring, but my fiance doesn't want one. What should we do instead of exchanging rings during our ceremony? We're eloping due to Covid-19 and we don't want our ceremony to be like 5 minutes long so we're trying to come up with some meaningful things to do in our ceremony that aren't lame or cheesy.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 31, 2020 at 22:40
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend and her husband poured sand

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a wine box ceremony (but Jagermeister instead because I dont like wine lol). Ours will be a bit like a time capsule like Hank said. We are each writing a letter to one another and each got one another a present to put in the box and open on our tenth anniversary. We've also talked about each picking out some of our favourite photos and putting those in there and a couple other little things. We are decorating shot glasses with our names and date and putting those in there with the Jager to drink when we open it.

If you look up wedding ceremony traditions a bunch come up; that's how I found out about the wine box ceremony Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If jewelry is what you both like to wear, bracelets seems to be an idea with names engraved.

You like to do something way different than ever, frame your vows and hand it over to each other after your husband (officially) says his.

Tattoo rings are being done now as alternatives to actual rings.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could use any unity ceremony as a substitute: hand-fasting, time capsules, exchanging another item you choose. You could also have a moment focusing on something in common between you (ex; musicians playing a duet or commemorating a favourite pastime).
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do they wear a watch or other jewelry you could give them instead? Or you could exchange small gifts or letters.

My fiance requested a silicone ring, it isn't fancy and he's likely to break it so I also got him a watch with an engraving as a fancier present than a small piece of plastic.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Time capsule? Write a letter to each other to be opened in the future, like a milestone anniversary. Letters are sealed in an envelope that you place in a box that can be locked. Some people also put a bottle of wine into the box so that can drink it when they read the letters (make sure it's something that will age well lol).

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With everything that's going on - maybe you could make your own face masks to give to each other? I know that you wouldn't put it on till after the kiss - but I think it would be cute Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics