Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What time does your reception start and end?

Joey, on March 28, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

Will you and your guests be dancing way past midnight? Drinking cocktails by twilight? Wrapping up the reception early enough to head to the bars after for an after party? What time will the festivities begin, and when will they be over?

What time will your reception start and end?What time does your reception start and end? 1

Photo by Holly McMurter Photographs in Toronto

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kassandra, on April 22, 2019 at 00:49
  • Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dinner 5-7pm
    Reception(Hall) 7-9or10pm
    Reception(Campground)9or10-12ish
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on venue or if you are having at home. We are having at venue with closing time of 1 so our Dance will be 9-12
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Joey,

I think it really depends on a variety of things. 1. does your venue have a specific time that you need to clear out by? 2. do you have a dance floor and how long did you book your dj until? Some venues like a hotel ballroom, can stay open until 2am in the morning... If you don't want to party late into the night, you can always let your DJ know to announce the last song at a specific time to wrap it up for you. Our reception started cocktail hour at 4:30pm, reception at 6:00pm and the last group of ppl left at 1:30am in the morning. It was a super long day for us and we ended up waking up close to noon and missing the complimentary breakfast at the hotel.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our reception will start around 6pm and our venue lets us have the grand hall until 1am but they said that some people take the party out to the parking lot area (there are tables and grass nearby) after they are moved from the grand hall.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Reception starts at 6pm and goes till 1pm. Thats when our venue asks all guests to leave by! We have a cocktail hour from 5pm-6pm

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our reception starts at 5:30 pm and ends at 1:30am... but I know they are gonna have to drag me outta there! We are thinking of having an after-party at a nearby hotel, for the younger crowd to keep dancing.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our reception will start at 5pm, and we are hoping to wrap up by 11pm but we have the venue until 2am!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our reception should start shortly after 5pm and end at 12:30-45am.

The shuttle will be waiting for our guests at that time, to take them back into town.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dinner is set to be served at 6pm and we need to be out by 1:30am. Our permit lets us serve booze till 2am so we'll be going till we need to leave lol
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're starting ours at 6:30pm. We have the venue booked till 1 am but I don't think our guests will want to stay that long.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Reception will start at 5:30 with cocktail hour/grand entrance so my FH and I can mingle with guests before dinner. Our reception goes until 1 am at which point, most people will be ready to call it a night.

I feel like lots of us are working with a similar timeline for receptions!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ceremony begins at 11:30. cocktail party and brunch reception to follow at the same venue
    The celebration will end at 4pm.
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing for sure yet but looking at about 12:30pm until about 4pm.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cocktails start at 5:30 and the entire reception will end by 1am!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours starts at 5:30 with some cocktails and apps while we do the receiving line. Followed by dinner, speeches and dancing.

it ends at 1:00am!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a morning service, so our reception will go from 1:30-4:00. I can't wait!
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our reception starts at 5pm (cocktail hour) with dinner service starting at 6pm. The whole thing wraps up at about 1am! We have open bar from start to finish and I believe our late night stations start at around 9:30pm-10:00pm and goes for about two hours.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the bar closing down at midnight and the reception ending at 1am...originally we had that timeline pushed later by an hour, but by shutting down the bar at midnight we are saving a significant amount of money.

Plus I figure if people want to keep the party going after that, they can head out to a bar as we are right in the middle of downtown

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cocktails start at 4:30, and we have no end time to our reception. Our DJ will play music as long as people are out dancing; we have the hall until 6 pm Sunday evening for cleanup, so that helps!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't have our schedule finalized for a long time yet, but we're thinking 6pm - 12am.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our reception is 4-9 but the bar closes at midnight, so I think people will still be drinking past then.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hopefully partying all night long! lol. I love dancing so I will most likely be one of the last people out there.

Our reception starts at 6:30/7, we haven't set a final time for start yet, but whenever it starts we have a 7.5 bar package. Once that is done is when the reception is over. 1/1:30 usually

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing is set just yet - but it will soon!!! I promise!

Right now we are figuring that the reception will follow right after the ceremony so roughly 6PM and we have a liquor permit until 1AM I think!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics