Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

What style of wedding do you dream about?

Rayanne, on April 11, 2022 at 20:43 Posted in Wedding reception 1 17
I found that once I started planning that there are so many styles to weddings. Glamorous, rustic, chic, romantic, bohemian, Gothic....so many choices it can really get overwhelming. We have always gone towards glamorous, sort of like an old time movie type of vibe. What style is your style? Is it totally different from your day to day style? Or your comfort zone?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Holmes, on May 23, 2023 at 23:25
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So crazy cause in my everyday life I feel like we are more country-ish, but for our wedding we went very city-downtown-clean with lots of blacks and whites and neutrals, very modern, at a luxury condo room with terrace. Honestly my dress was all sequins and fitted and I felt like it just felt the vibe more. Oddly enough I wanted to stay clear of the more country-ish look for my wedding - maybe cause that's more of how we are everyday

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect you want to feel comfortable on your wedding day. It amazes me how different every wedding can be even having the same style.
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going for rustic elegant which is definitely my usual style and just was the only style of wedding pics I saved on my inspiration board (which I worked on for over a year due to our long engagement lol). I just knew rustic elegant was the only way to go for us
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly have no idea how to describe my wedding style. Maybe simple with a bit of glam? I'm not sure though
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree with you!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am not elegant at all but I think a wedding needs a bit of elegance
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's defiantly special for the wedding. We're no where near elegant in everyday life haha

I would have to say just the vibe of our venue makes it elegant.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'd say budget is a factor in all my wedding plans as well, but I have been able to DIY some things that brings it all together into something special. Most likely we are the only ones who will remember all the fine details. I'm sure you'll have a beautiful day as well.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds beautiful. A great way to bring in all the different elements
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say our wedding is leaning towards modern, elegant style; even though our entire wedding is taking place at The Whitewood barn - which would usually be a more rustic look. I love the way white looks. It is clean, simple and goes with everything. So a lot of our items that we have been thinking about are white, like, table linens, napkins, flowers, plates, charger plates and drapery. To go with it we have gravitated towards gold. We tried looking at color schemes with silver or copper and it was giving the vibe we wanted. We fell in love with a table display at a rental place here in Edmonton that was all white and gold and we are doing a verified version to go with our reception. So with the white, we are doing gold lanterns and gold votive that are two different styles as well as gold on the edge of a charger plate we love.

We haven't really decided colors of the bridesmaid and groomsmen, nor have we decided the flowers. We are leaning towards a light pink or a dusty rose look with a Navy blue or dusty blue. Not sure yet!

So overall - modern, minimalistic and elegant themed wedding.

• Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely more like an elegant/romantic vibe. I'm a princess at heart and waited all this time for my wedding dreams to come true! I just wish I was a little (a lot) richer to really go all out, but I'm doing what I can haha.

Some part of me also wishes I could do like the forest wedding theme with wisteria hanging from the ceiling everywhere and fake/real indoor trees that I've seen in a bunch of videos ..... but I'm not a millionaire so I'll stick with what I've got. Lol.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is probably more rustic farmhouse country , boho style!

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!! I remember the snow globes you were working so hard on!

This sounds absolutely lovely. I love the bling💖💖 it’s going to look amazing!!!! So excited you finally get your wedding
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Originally we were having a winter wedding but since covid it has changed a lot. So I wanted everything to sparkle. Diamonds everywhere (fake ones anyway 😅) I have tall centerpieces that have a sparkly base, silver glitter on different pieces, I wanted a big (fake) fur stole (not so good for summer) I want my flowers to be more like a pageant style rather than round or wild. I had table numbers that were snowglobes that had a blue glittery base. Some of the things won't work for a summer wedding but we are trying to incorporate as much as we can. The FH is wearing a tux rather than a suit and I think my dress has a bit of the old Hollywood style. Even our menu has a grand antipasto display and martinis when our guests enter the reception.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going a little more elegant/modern traditional.
    Once I started pulling the elements together it accidentally looked like something from Kate Spade- golds, ivory and blacks.
    Dresses and florals are very clean and traditional. Table scapes and designs are blacks/black and white stripes with hot pink florals and gold accents/candles/bling. I always thought I would plan something more bold, more colourful- but we both like black/white, traditional and clean on a daily…so it made sense. Tell us more about your glam old movie vibe!!!! It sounds amazing
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you tend to gravitate towards elegant in your everyday life or is it special for the wedding? What elements would you say make it more elegant than say casual?
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would defiantly have to say ours is elegant

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics