Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan

What Now?

Jessica, on March 6, 2018 at 13:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Well! my wedding is in 3 months!! I have been engaged for 2 years and I have tons of things done. But i'm feeling like I had forgotten something! What are some little details I should be thinking about at this point?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on March 7, 2018 at 16:53
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You got it all under control!

I found for me thinking through the day and what the day of time line is (if you have this done!) is a great idea of what I'm missing.

Really you just need to make sure all vendors are finalized, all your material pieces (decor/wedding favours) are purchased and know who is doing what.

Don't forget the marriage certificate! You can get that about 3 months in advance.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like you have everything under control. We are updating our meal list whenever the RSVPs come in and getting all of our finances in order to pay everybody off. I'm in the same boat and I'm not really sure what else we should be doing. We just made a list of music to play and what not to play and wrote out our whole ceremony.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think as per etiquette, you tip people who have provided services for you who do not own their business (I.e. Jeff from Jeff's DJ Company you tip but you don't tip Joe from Big DJ Company). Some sources say a reasonable tip is 10% of how much their service costs but I'm not going to give that much.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would think about wedding favours, making sure people know their responsibilities, seating chart, and timeline.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We sent out our invites last month and already getting replies back! I booked the cake and ordered the dougnuts for dessert Smiley smile I booked in my hair but not my nails yet. I found a makeup artist that will meet us at the salon and do our makeup while we get our hair done. I even booked the rehearsal dinner.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have our finals deposits set aside but what about tips? who do you tip? we have a photographer and a DJ. The venue has their own wedding planner added into the budget and they do our bar. What would be a reasonable tip?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm 3 months away as well. Have you sent out invites yet? Purchased your wedding party gifts? Decided on your menu and cake flavours? Booked all of your appointments for the week of (hair, nails, makeup, etc)?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 months is so close! You must be so excited! Do you have your final deposits ready? Your tips for your vendors? That's what I'd be thinking about lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics