Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day?

Joey, on December 7, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16

What special memories are you going to hold on to after your big day? Besides your photos and gifts, of course! Have you made a special guest book? Will you preserve your flowers? Will you keep a special bottle of wine or champagne, or keep the cork? Are you turning invitations into ornaments? Repurposing your signage as home decor? Or will you freeze the top tier of your cake?

What unique keepsakes are you taking from your wedding day?

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day? 1

Photo by Shared Seasons Floral Designs in Red Deer

16 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 07:53
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't purchased much of our décor yet but I know we will be keeping something to transistion into our home décor.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will keep my garter, my guestbook, and a copy of both the save the date and the invite. Oh, and one of each of the wines! Other than that, I don't think anything else!

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day? 2

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day? 3

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day? 4

What keepsakes are you keeping from your wedding day? 5
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we do a guestbook we will keep that. we are either doing a picture frame where you can sign the matting. or will do a wood sign that will hang in out house as décor.

I will keep an invitation. and my bouquet. my florist will actually do the preserving which is nice.

if we write out own vows. I will keep what we write them on too.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm keeping the invitations, the guest book, the top tier of the cake, one of our favours, and of course, the outfit.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bouquet! (Fake flowers) and we have some decorations I plan to use in the new house!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the most part, one of everything was kept and the petals with extras of anything ordered online.

I still have the contracts for the vendors to do any future business and a copy of the invitation, menu, thank you card and favour.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping a Save the Date, and an Invitation. Looking into making a shadow box, possibly not with my whole bouquet but some of the flowers would be nice. Guest book, we are having our guests sign a photo with our initials on it.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've kept a copy of all of our stationary (Bridal Shower, Save the Date, Invitation), we'll be preserving our top tier of cake, I may preserve my bouquet, definitely keeping my dress, we'll have our guest book (probably a framed wedding photo with the matting around it signed), we're doing a wine box ceremony, so if we pick something with a cork we can save that later...

We don't have much decor, so I will probably sell my centrepieces, as I don't need 30 vases and charger plates... haha.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll end up keeping our Save the Date card, our invitation, and maybe the cork from the wine/champagne.

We are doing a Polaroid guestbook so we'll have a photo album of all our guests.

I'm am DIYing some of our signage, and getting some made. Will definitely be keeping the signs and using them in home decor!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far, I plan on keeping my bouquet, a copy of the invitation, the guestbook and a small piece of fabric from my dress.

I intend on consigning my dress after the wedding, since we have zero room and don't plan on having kids.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually keeping a lot of stuff...

1) we are hanging our welcome sign by our front door. It was custom made for us by a friend with this purpose in mind.
    2) our arch was made for us by a friend. We are hoping to put into our garden eventually.
    3) I dried my bouquet and use it now as decor in a vase in our kitchen.
    4) Guest book- we had everyone sign a photo frame in different colour. So that has been put up in or house.
    5) I repurposed old photo frames I had for the wedding and printed Disney quotes to put in them as decorations. Turns out I liked the quotes and never ended up putting my photos back in them! So now I have framed quotes all over the house.
    6) we are keeping a bunch of the centerpiece lights we bought as Christmas decorations.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning to preserve my bouquet and put it in a shadow box to display somewhere.
    Also planning to have our guestbook be a wooden sign everyone will sign and we can hang up in the house!
    I’m sure we will also keep a copy of invitation and save the date.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got our "guestbook" (a frame with hearts signed by the guests dropped into it) and I kept part of one of our centerpieces (a trio of vases with submerged "diamonds", artificial orchids and floating candles). Oh and our cardbox (a mirrored box with a jeweled lid) and the chrome heart topped bottle stopper and personalized shot glasses we gave as favours.

We also kept a copy of our invite and a print out of our vows to put in our wedding album.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seeing as how my bouquet will be fake flowers I may keep that and then pull it out every anniversary and dust them off. And of course just like my baby scrapbook had all of my birthday invitations in it I will be keeping my Save The Dates and Wedding Invitations in our wedding scrapbook.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be preserving my bouquet and framing one of our invitations for sure. My fiance has said that he wants to freeze the top layer of our cake...and I think that's mostly because he loves cake and really wants to have cake in reserve for our anniversary

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if we'll hold onto anything aforementioned, though I like the idea of keeping a bottle of wine (or two) should we go that route for wedding favours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics