Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

What is the "proper" way to wear your engagement ring and wedding band?

Cassandra, on April 3, 2017 at 11:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Does it matter? What way will you be wearing yours?

Thank you Smiley heart

14 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on October 14, 2019 at 11:01
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smiley shame Thank you.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Amanda:

I will actually have 3 rings. FH and I started dating when I was 14, he was 15. We started talking about marriage after about 3 years, but we were still in school so he got me a promise ring. And I plan to wear all 3 with my wedding band being on the bottom. "I promise, I will, I do".

i think thats the cutest thing i ever heard!!! awww Smiley heart love it!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will actually have 3 rings. FH and I started dating when I was 14, he was 15. We started talking about marriage after about 3 years, but we were still in school so he got me a promise ring. And I plan to wear all 3 with my wedding band being on the bottom. "I promise, I will, I do".
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As much as I love my engagement ring I intend to put it away once we are married.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother in law told me the same.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no clue yet! I am going to ask my friend what she did. She has been my rock and my go to person through all of this crazy planning and she always answers my questions!!! What about you?

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I decided to not get 2 rings, so my current engagement ring is my wedding ring. No need to worry about stacking Smiley smile Only difference is I am currently wearing my ring on my right hand until the wedding and then will swap it to my left hand at the wedding.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can do it however you want! Here are a few articles I found discussing this issue:

How to wear a Wedding ring set

What is the proper way to wear a wedding ring set?

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was told the band traditionally goes under the engagement ring because it is closer to your heart
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was told just like the majority of the responses, the wedding band goes on first and then the engagement ring. Smiley smile
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Fikayo:

I'm no expert, but I don't think there's a proper way to wear your ring and wedding band. I know most people wear the band below and engagement ring on top, on the left hand, fourth finger.

That said, knowing myself, there will be days I wear both, or just one, or none. Lol, your choice.

True enough Smiley smile thank you!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Chelsea:

I was told to wear my wedding band on top and my engagement ring underneathe. My friend also wears her wedding band on top and and engagement ring underneathe.

Thats what I was thinking too Smiley smile Are you going to wear your engagement ring on your wedding day?

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was told to wear my wedding band on top and my engagement ring underneathe. My friend also wears her wedding band on top and and engagement ring underneathe.

• Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm no expert, but I don't think there's a proper way to wear your ring and wedding band. I know most people wear the band below and engagement ring on top, on the left hand, fourth finger.

That said, knowing myself, there will be days I wear both, or just one, or none. Lol, your choice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics