Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

What is the hardest part of living together?

Zoë, on May 5, 2017 at 04:14 Posted in Living together 0 10

Hi everyone!

Who is living together with there future husband?Smiley love

What is for you the hardest part of living together? Smiley smile

Mine is getting in a routine, what is your?

What is the hardest part of living together? 1

pinterest

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sashanette, on January 25, 2018 at 19:58
  • Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly Im use to my 2 kids going to their grandparents house at least 2 weekends a month. Since we moved in together it's been difficult to get a kid free weekend due to his 2 kids coming over every weekend. My kids stay home now so they can spend time with their future step siblings. I love that our kids get a long and they love coming over, but i Kind of miss my kids free weekends
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is compromising most of my pay towards bills he neglects. Also to see things he WANTS mostly not focusing on sharing some of the bills with me.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a good question!

The hardest part was understanding what each of us choose to spend our money on. Household items are both our money, but he shops a lot and enjoys going to concerts (without me because I work weekend evenings).

ALSO, how we choose to spend our time at home. I clean a lot (always leave a place cleaner than I found it), and he makes our washroom look like a tidal wave hit it.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The hardest part was figuring out tasks for chores! We clean a bit as we are never home but definitely had to figure out who did what! Like bathroom, floors, etc.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hardest part I found was losing my independent ways. I have always loved my space, the quiet and doing my own stuff alone. My FH and I have tons in common and love to spend every second possible together, which I have no complaints about. But I did find that all those little things that I didn't think were such a big thing, were really important...like reading, shopping, doing crafts. I noticed this shortly after we started to live together and told him about this, so we came to a compromise...we each get our own rooms in our 4 bedroom house...his is a toy room full of video games and collectibles, and my room is full of books, crafts and all things cats. When we need time to ourselves, we now have this space to spend time alone. But that's not to say that we don't crash each other's rooms from time to time.

• Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been dating for 5 years, living together for 2 and won't be married for another 2 years.
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going on 7 years in September and have been living together officially for 5. The hardest part was making sure we each had our seperate space to go after spats and getting used to someone else's mess. in the end, it's worth it though
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been living together for almost our entire relationship, the only hard part we have encountered thus far is out different schedules. It's not too bad right now but he is getting a new job in a new department at his work and the schedule is Monday to Friday 12 to 8 and my schedule is weekends to Wednesday and I work early mornings so we won't see each other much Smiley sad
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been living together for over a year and the hardest part of living together is our different schedules. I work early days and he works late morning to evening so we don't get too much to together during the week. We try to make the best of it though.
  • R
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    RoriLee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, I am living with my fiance now. The wedding date is set for Saturday, May 4th, 2019. We will be going to see venues again this weekend. We have been living together since February of this year. We are learning about each other's habits, quirks, dislikes, favorite foods, etc... We are taking it one day at a time. We don't want to rush into anything. That is why we are taking our time regarding venue, menu, decorations, dress, bridesmaids, groomsmen, transportation, flowers, hair, etc... We love each other. Looking forward to the future together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics