Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayann
Curious July 2019 Ontario

What drives you nuts?

Rayann, on March 16, 2018 at 10:07 Posted in Living together 0 36

What does your partner do that drives you nuts?

My fiancé throws his clothes all over the place and takes an hour to get ready.

36 Comments

Latest activity by Robyn, on November 7, 2018 at 18:17
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is backseat-driver... in everything. Including driving. But also cooking and cleaning and my work and last week, how to fold fitted sheets. He's an oldest child, which I think explains it. Except so am I, so I generally just smile. And ignore him Smiley kiss

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A topic I was going to start myself until I stumped onto yours.

My husband somewhat tries to please me by doing things right and ends up having me to fix or come up with solutions to many issues.

He's what I call a dreamer (not a bad thing) who tries to justify buying things every day or for whatever reason he thinks is right. On the other hand, he also has wants and needs that takes him over his head at times and doesn't seem to keep me on schedule.

As your fiancé, my husband thinks the world revolves around him to get ready and for a long period because he brushes/blow his air, brush his teeth and get dressed when it could be done after taking a shower. I end up waiting for 15 to half hour time before we end up leaving.

When it comes to going to family events, he seems rather unsettled to ever go early and on his time because he doesn't like to come home early and we end up reaching late at night. Negative remarks are made when we leave because I say something he doesn't like or I yell at him for his behaviour or attitude towards something said and blames me for getting on his case.

All I can say is I have been training him and feeling it as he's not all there at times.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the worst thing for me also! My solution was to buy more hampers so he doesn't have an excuses. He still leaves his socks under his desk though which drives me crazy!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance does the same with his clothes.. nothing bugs me more! .... or taking the last item out of package (ie. toilet paper), and leaving the empty package in the cupboard. UGH!

• Hélène
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine watched tv and or games until midnight/1am
    and has been falling asleep in front of the tv so i go to bed alone. I always end up waking up every now and then during the night cause i can’t feel him in the bed. I don’t enjoy it so much and it freaks me out a little.
  • Hélène
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is a big talker. He tells everyone that he has his routine when he comes back from work: if there are clean dishes to be put away he puts them away, if there a dishes to clean he does it, he then sets the table and prepares the food to be heated right before i arrive (he gets home by 4pm and me by 6:30pm). Then and ONLY then does he lie down to watch tv.
    Since we moved in together a little over a month ago, he’s done this "routine" maybe 4-5 times. I wash, clean, put away, cook everyday.
    I asked him to get the clean laundry from outside. He did...and left it in the basket for 3 days until i finally asked him to fold it.
    I love him with all my heart and soul, and this man drives me nuts.
  • Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not picking up after himself!!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiance does the same thing with his clothes. He is starting to get better but I am still picking up after him. He's the worst to wake up. He always says 5 more minutes and snoozes his alarm so much and wakes me up because he doesn't turn it off.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He games all the time! And when I ask if we can watch a movie, he says "give me 20 minutes" safe to say it's never 20 minutes! So now if we feel like electronics are being used too much we put a lock through the plug so they can't be used. Apparently my straightener is used too much, because it always has a lock 😂
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds about right....

What drives you nuts? 1
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just tell him you're gonna toss out his laptop....i say it all the time. while i have yet to actually do so, it's insanely tempting.
  • Kristina
    Beginner August 2019 Quebec
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Boom baby! Same freaking things, what is with the gaming for 10-12 hours and insisting it was like 2?!? The slow poke tardiness drives me nuts, gaming late means coming to bed late. So good to know that we all are driven bonkers but we still love them.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine does the same! not just clothes but messes everywhere.

He sleeps later and takes forever to get ready, and always makes me late which drives me absolutely insane. Also, his beard hairs when he shaves all over the bathroom sink.

oh and his ability to fall asleep 2 seconds after his head hits the pillow.

But I love every bit of him despite those flaws, as I know for a fact mine are probably more annoying hahaha

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Based on the overwhelming responses I have come to the conclusion that I am your fiancé..... always late, leave lights on, am a tornado when getting ready and rushed and well I confess I don't rinse my dishes before they go in the dishwasher haphazardly. What makes me nuts is him trying to get me to stop these things, one day he'll figure out to tell me we have to go at a different time than the truth! In the meantime he can rinse and re-arrange the dishwasher to his hearts content!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He's loud: walks on his heels, slams doors, borderline yells when he yawns.
    I make fun of it, say that it's a result of being the middle child and always having to make sure we know he's around.

• Christina
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He leaves his cigarette cartons all over the counter. Ahhhhhh! They are empty. I find myself asking if he is done with them. He’s like oh ya, thank you baby for putting them in the garbage.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He sleeps until the last minute and gets ready at the last minute and it makes us late for everything. It stresses me out since I arrive early/on time for everything! Otherwise, he's a great catch!!
  • Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is extremely slow at EVERYTHING!! which makes him always late!!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really need to learn from you on how to trick a man to go to doctor. Smiley laugh
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My FH refuses to go to the doctor. He hates needles as well so I always have to trick him to going and getting his annual check up.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It drives me crazy when FH gives me his lunch boxes after I finish the dishes. AND Taking 1hr of poop esp when I need to use the bathroom as well.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From what I read above, I think men share few things which made them men...? There are few things from my FH. Leaves the lights on when he left the room. Keeps forgetting to lock the front door or the garage when he left home. Won't do organic and recycle things. He throws everything in garbage. I feel like homeless who constantly digging in our garbage. And the last one, it's very difficult to bring him to dentist and doctor. I have to keep rescheduling his appointments. But I still love him very much because he has many other excellent qualities that I appreciated which overshadowed the things that annoyed me.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ohhhh so so so so much. But I love him.... Right?! Haha.

Biggest thing currently: He can't figure out how to put things in the recycling bin. He knows where it is, right under the sink, and he knows stuff isn't garbage, so he doesn't throw it out, he just leaves it next to the sink or in the sink for me to put in the bin. IT'S DIRECTLY UNDER THE SINK!!!!

*cue freak out*

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His stinky work clothes and stinky work boots. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha yes he leaves his stuff everywhere like there is two laundry baskets in the room but yet clothes everywhere.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is literally a man thing.. my fiance is the same and so is his dad..
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine puts his socks everywhere! And then after a couple of days he complains that there is no socks for him to wear. I'm training him but it's taking me longer then I wanted
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He wakes up at like 4am every day and goes and sleeps on the couch.. it's nice when I want to stretch out and take up the bed but sometimes I wake up in a panic when he's not there. But he does it every morning, and he thinks it's for my benefit lol
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    -gaming
    -not ready to go when i am
    -comes up to bed late after im asleep.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lately my FHs biggest thing is that he has decided he cant work on his homework (hes trying to upgrade his chem 11 online to get into a different university program) unless im home because he needs 'moral support'. Except ive already done my 4 years of university haha.
    AND THEN when i make sure im home on days he plans to work on his homework he just sits and watches tv instead. So frustrating!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man so much! Smiley shame

He's got this weird thing with nail clippers where he can never find his (I guess) so he always buys a new pair... about twice a year I throw out like 10 pairs of his nail clippers. So weird!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's so frustrating lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics