Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
British Columbia

What does the moh buy the bride and groom for a wedding gift?

Jamie, on April 15, 2021 at 12:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
I’m the MOH for my sister’s wedding and I have NO idea what to get them or how much to spend?

Any ideas for gifts or price point??

9 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on April 18, 2021 at 02:09
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone. I don’t expect anything from the bridal party. Just give her what you can afford if you can afford it but that’s completely up to you
  • Erin
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister is my maid of honour and she bought me my pots and pans set, which was around $250. She is also hosting my bridal shower and bachelorette weekend. We are also a very heavy gift giving family though lol. I would ask your sister what she wants or maybe pick something off of her registry.
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone that as the couple getting married I would not expect anything as a gift, but I understand as the MOH you’d want to give something. I was MOH at my best friend’s wedding in 2019 and between my husband and I, we gave $200 and made them personalized wine glasses and coffee mugs, then my husband made personalized beer flights. So it was sentimental with a little cash lol.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I'm not expecting anything from my MOH or anyone else. They're giving their time that's all that I ask of them and to show up lol

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is the right amount.

J/k 🤣I agree with what the others said
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also agree with the others, I am not expecting any gifts from my bridal party. They are giving enough of their time and money already!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others. If you've already spent a ton of money on the wedding I wouldn't expect a gift. But if it's within your means, something a bit more personalized could be nice as long as you feel confident in picking out a gift they will like. You also obviously can't go wrong with a registry item and a thoughtful card because you know they already want that item.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Sara on this one. With all the extras that the MOH/wedding party pays for I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

But if you really feel you should be getting them something, then I'd opt for something more personal especially because your the sister. So maybe buy a really nice dual picture frame and in one of the frames put in a copy of one of their invitations and on the other side put in a picture of the bride and groom. Or get a really nice print out of the bride and groom's vows and frame that. Those are things that you would probably have to wait until after the wedding though to get access to those things. Or think of an interest that the bride and groom both share. Do they both love to cook? Then maybe a monogrammed cutting board. Do they like to travel? Get one of those scratch off world maps, etc.

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do not expect gifts from our wedding party. They are buying their own outfits and planning bachelor/bachelorette parties for us, and we feel this is a lot of money and work in itself!!
    If you wanted to do something as a wedding gift, I'd go small and sentimental! Your help and support on the big day is a gift in itself

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics