Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

What does reception include

Keena, on March 22, 2018 at 08:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
Ok so I will be inviting some other people to the reception for celebration but not to the wedding ... Just wondering if first dance bouquet toss garter toss etc is part of reception ? Would I invite these people for those events or after these events ? Thanks

5 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on March 22, 2018 at 14:36
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The reception usually includes:

- A meal or food option

- Drinks (open or cash bar)

- Speeches

- Any wedding games including garter toss, or bouquet toss

- Dancing depending on your style of wedding

It is up to you how you format your day however, so you can do the games first and then food, or speeches first, etc.

Typically you see people invited to the Ceremony AND reception (for all thats mentioned above), or people just invited to the Ceremony or people just invited to the reception. Having people come part of the way through the reception can be really tricky.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm pretty sure those are part of the reception. Unless you can give them a specific time to attend which will be after those events that you may not want them in.
  • Keena
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Keena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks we aren’t having a dinner we’re habing snacks right after ceremony while we take photos ... Then having late lunch at 10pm
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess it depends on if you are trying to avoid paying for them meal wise. Some of these things are spread throughout dinner. So speeches, bouquet toss, games tend to be done between courses with music starting after dessert. Some guests I will be inviting for the later in the evening part of dancing mainly to save money and because they are someone we want to invite but aren't in the must come list.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d assume that if you’re inviting them to the reception then it’s for the entire thing (including first dance, bouquet toss, etc.).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics