Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba

What do you think of a "wedding stats" board?

Danielle, on November 7, 2019 at 12:57 Posted in DIY 0 22
So many of our guests either only know him or only know me. We couldn't possibly try to restrict it to people who know both of us because we both have friends and family that live far away.
So I thought maybe it would be cute to have a "wedding stats" board. I thought I'd hit up some garage sales or thrift stores and find a nice large frame, and paint the glass with chalkboard paint (because chalkboards get expensive) and then have him, her, us sections. So it would include things like our birthdays, ages, occupations, number of siblings, etc under "him" and "her". Then under "us" it would have like, our anniversary, where/how/when we met, the date he proposed, yada yada. You get the picture.
It would sort of be like an FAQ since a lot of our guests only know one of us.
So yeah, what do you guys think? Cute or nah? Any suggestions to make it better? I don't think we'll bother doing individual programs due to the cost and I like the programs that include this stuff.
Thanks for the input! Smiley smile

22 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlin, on November 22, 2019 at 15:58
  • Caitlin
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! Smiley laugh

• Caitlin
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's adorable! It's sparked an idea for perhaps a pair of cute D&D character sheets...

• E
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is an amazing idea!! My FH and I have the same "issue" where a lot of people only know him or myself and that idea gives those guests a moment to kind of get to know a bit more about each of you as individuals and as the couple you are and makes it a little more intimate since it almost gives them a chance to visualize your story and who you are. That's brilliant!!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a great idea some fun entertainment for the guests during cocktail hour or something!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love it! That's such a great idea!
  • Bei
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Bei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go for it! Show off your personality! I did a simple crossword puzzle at each table with kissing as an incentive (one completed crossword puzzle = a nose kiss, two completed crosswords = a kiss on the cheek, etc.). I didn't realize how much our guests loved it - everybody ended up working with their table mates, different tables, and asking us questions. Having information about the couple is always a great icebreaker.
  • Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I thought!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute idea! Would be great to have around the cocktail area for guests to read while you're off doing pictures and whatnot

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding stats on the table would be cute too...
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a cute idea! I want to put little trivia cards on the table that people can fill out together and have a little prize for the table who gets the most right! Like these ones: Trivia (credit to Pinterest)What do you think of a "wedding stats" board? 1

Trivia (credit to Pinterest)What do you think of a "wedding stats" board? 2

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like a cute idea! You could even use the facts for table numbers like "3 the number of siblings the bride has" or "5 the number of years we've been together"!
  • Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? That's what I figure. And if I put it in the cocktail hour area then maybe people will see it before we actually make an appearance haha.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think a sign would be better than answering the same 5 questions all night lol. I'd do the wedding stats
  • Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely want to do that one too! But that's more like "who said I love you first?" whereas this will be more like "what on earth does the groom actually do for a living?"

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a cute idea. My sister played the shoe game at her wedding as well which was cute for everyone to get to know the couple better.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think you want to have it, go for it!! I'm sure guests would look at it, especially if it's somewhere they'll probably be, like a dessert table.

For weddings I've been to where I only knew one part of the couple, I'd definitely look at weddings-stats to learn more about the spouse.

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue has easels available for use! I'm not sure how many but if we run out I'll just put it on the dessert table or something. Smiley smile

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's for the wedding. I'm not even sure if we'll be having a shower. Maybe a small one but idk.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that this is super cute and I say go for it! Just make sure you have somewhere to put it or if you will need to get an easel for it

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not like I'd make it a focal point or anything, but I might put by the dessert table or in the cocktail hour area. Make it something for guests to look at if they want.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really think this is a cute idea! Especially in cases like yours where you have guests that only know one or the other.

Like Kelsie said, it could be made into a game at the shower that people guess.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this for the wedding? Or bridal shower?

There's a game where people guess those types of things at a bridal shower - that would be something to do.

For the wedding, it's cute, although I don't think it's totally necessary? It would be more appropriate for the shower, in my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics