Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Neha
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

what do you predict june 2021 will be Like?

Neha, on January 17, 2021 at 21:38 Posted in Ontario 0 4
I really am wondering what others think will be the guidelines come June. I'm more than okay with having a very intimate wedding if that's what is needed but what if it isn't? How do I even finish my planning? Anyone have any advice with how they are proceeding?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on January 27, 2021 at 22:56
  • Candace
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Hank , start small and increase if it is safe to do so. I am getting married in June as well and we decided to keep our date no matter what . We have only invited 20 people so far ( immediate family and 3 best friends). If restrictions are going to be 10 then our friends and the children will have to go virtual but they will understand. Honestly even if restrictions lifted, I would still keep it relatively small. I would hate to be the wedding causing an outbreak. I think it would ruin my day even more to know I was responsible for people getting sick.

Luckily our list of 20 have already agreed to stay home 2 weeks before the wedding or get tested 3 days before if they couldn’t to help reduce the risk. It’s a lot to ask your guests but I think the most important people will be understanding enough.
    If you keep your list small, change to outdoors you can probably have all the pre wedding ceremonies with the same bubble. I doubt dancing would be allowed- but my fiancé and I will still have a dance floor for the bride and groom dance only with our guests watching a safe distance away. Get creative and Stay positive ! It will be amazing no matter what!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would send out invites in beginning of March and ask for a RSVP by no later than end of April. That gives you roughly seven weeks before the wedding to get everything in order for the venue, with enough time to adjust pending restrictions. Definitely state that the invitation is contingent on government regulations and that you'll inform your guests of any updates.

If your venue has an outdoor option and you don't mind being outdoors, I would certainly ask. Worst case scenario if it rains, you just go back inside. I would still plan with the capacity of being inside in mind though. Last thing you want is to kick half the guests out of your wedding just because it rained.

I would count on the typical restrictions - no dancing, masks, physical distancing requirements - to remain. If they're lifted, then great but it's better to plan with caution in mind than to hope and be disappointed. Whether your choose to not go through with the reception or any of your pre-wedding events is ultimately up to you. If you're events all only involve the same 10 people, then I don't see why you can't go through with it. But if you're looking to mix groups and socialize with many different groups of people as a result of all these events, you might want to reconsider.

• Neha
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Neha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have been fortunate with my venue, they have been accommodating and very very understanding and that's why I was okay to book that. They are willing to work with whatever numbers I bring given the government regulations. My confusion for a lake of better word come from the following:

* When to send out invites * What month to finalize my vendors (depending on the amount of people) - if it's 50 or less my family and friends can do a lot of the helping out with decore. * Should I request to be outdoors * Will dancing still be out of the equation.. do I forego a reception? * I will be having an Indian wedding which has multiple pre-events are those potential out of the question.. * When should I make my final decision of what is and is not happening?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a lot easier starting small and then going big if you can, rather than starting big and then downsizing. For example, it's easier to hire a decorator for a basic setup in a small room and then adding more items later on than to lock yourself into a contract for a big space and then trying to get out of it when you realize it's not needed.

I'm assuming you already have your venue? If so, think about the space and how you can purpose it for a <10, 25, and 50 person event. Is it too big? Do you need to change rooms maybe to make it work?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics