Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Curious August 2021 Ontario

What do you include in invites if you have a website?

Jennifer, on February 13, 2020 at 14:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Hi everyone! What are you including in your invites if you’re using a wedding website? I’ve been reading online about inner and outer envelopes and I’m confused. We are just sending the actual invite in the mail and having everything else on our wedding website. Should we just address the mailing envelope to everyone invited at that address and just have the actual invite inside? Thanks in advance!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 25, 2020 at 11:52
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We put the man details, name, date, time, location of ceremony, location of venue and our website. our website has RSVP, accommodations page, song requests, date, time, location of ceremony and venue, map info, pictures.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what an inner envelope is lol...but you really only need the invitation with the basic info, and an envelope to put it in. We didn't do RSVP or separate info cards or fussy extras like an envelope liner. Envelopes go straight into the trash can. Don't spend money making garbage look pretty.

On the front of the invitation, we had the basic info (who what where when), and then all the extra info on the back of the card (RSVP info with website address, hotel block info). Saves money and paper doing it this way.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the backside of it Smiley smile

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amelia! That makes a lot more sense
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion you only need an inner and outer envelope if you're planning on using really fancy calligraphy that your poor mail carrier might not be able to read. Or if the inner stationary is really delicate and might benefit from an added outer layer.

Invites should answer all the big questions: who, what, where, when, and how (to RSVP). Otherwise it's up to you about how you display them, whether it's all on one card or if it's on several pieces.
  • J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! Thank you, I like how you were able to include all that info. Is that the back of your invitation or a separate sheet?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still need your names, the date and time of the wedding (obvs), rsvp deadline, website address, and then let them know how many seats you reserved for them unless you are addressing the invitations to all who are invited (ex. John & Jane Doe vs. putting John, Jane, and Jill Doe if they have a kid).

Here's what mine looked like:

What do you include in invites if you have a website? 1

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! Anytime Smiley smile

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smart! Thanks for the advice.
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did do exactly that. I sent Save the Dates out with our Christmas cards in December with the wedding website ready to go so people could start having a look. This is where I put on things like Adults Only, Cash Bar etc in a passive aggressive attempt to not have a conflicting conversation. So far I have just had 1 cousin come back to me about it being Adults Only and we had a civil discussion around it.

I would include it!

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Veronica, thanks for your response! A hand written note for older guests is a great idea, I am worried about them being able to RSVP as well. Did you send save the dates as well? I’m wondering if I should include the website link in an online save the date card ahead of time.
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello! Welcome to wedding wire.

I am in this same boat - everything important is on our wedding website (which I worked hard on!) and we are using the website for RSVP's as well. So I am just mailing out the invitation, addressed to specific guests only, and then on the invite it says to RSVP at our wedding website with the RSVP date. I did not want to double down on information and waste the work I did on the website.

My only concern with this is for some of our older guests, but I plan to call them or have a hand written note saying they can RSVP by phone to myself. Since the only way for everyone else to RSVP is through the website, hopefully guests will read all the information there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics