Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Featured May 2023 Ontario

What are your opinions on Kissing Games?

Jessica, on November 3, 2022 at 04:42 Posted in Wedding reception 1 14

I am currently planning my wedding for May 2023, and am wondering if we should include a kissing game during our reception! I've seen it done at one wedding, but not many!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on November 21, 2022 at 18:55
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Someone I know made the whole table sing a love song, but had a hard time getting a whole table of people to agree to sing a song. I've heard of various things involving rolling dice, where the highest number(s) get the couple to kiss, but rolling a 1 means the person who rolled it has to kiss someone. I'm sensitive to sounds so I'm leaning more towards the latter as it would be funny, and save my ears from too much noise.

• Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our friends did a bean bag toss, if you got it in the hole they kissed if not you dropped money in the honeymoon jar... it was so much fun!!! I've also seen a spinny wheel... half is bride and groom kiss, others are kiss someone else... like a grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc... I think kissing games are fun and a great way to get people involved.

We're doing a kissing Jar... you put a looney in you get a looney kiss, drop a 20 you get sparks lol all our money from the kissing jar, is going to a charity that means a lot to us both. d.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Julie, I think after 10 min I will be annoyed as well, the only one I know who will abuse it, is my brother.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is so creative! I love the idea!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this!!! Wish I could do both 🤔
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a great idea!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Carine. My FH couldnt handle the ringing of the bells lol
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea!!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what we did for our wedding. I had seen alot of "I spy"/"find the guest" type games, so we tweaked it a bit to fit us and turned it into our kissing game. We also wanted it to help guests chat with each other, so we had this out, as well as the list on the tables. We also had a little bell near the sign for them to ring. It was a hit, even tho we didn't get the photos we wanted out of it haha

What are your opinions on Kissing Games? 1

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were thinking about maybe doing the Hershey's Kisses bag! You have a bag filled with two different coloured Hershey's, and if a guest picks a specific colour (gold for example), the bride and groom kiss, and if they pick a different colour, the guest has to kiss someone!

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is going to be the game where if you want the bride and groom to kiss you have to come up and "model" a kiss in front of everyone. The bride and groom then have to copy that kiss.

For ex: I went to a wedding that did this and there were people who were really creative! They tried the Spider-Man kiss, a kiss while doing push-ups, etc.

I thought it was cute and really funny!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought bells for each table to ring for us to kiss during dinner or if the table sings a love song.

I like that kiss bowl idea too.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is May 2023 too! Our venue has a "no clinking on glasses or dinnerware" policy in the contract. So for our upcoming wedding Im doing a fish toss game. Toss the ping pong in the designated cokoured bowl for us to kiss. I am placing more bowls than pictured to make it a bit more difficult. Lol I am hanging the MC / DJ announce this before we enter. Fun for all ages 🤪What are your opinions on Kissing Games? 2

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What kind of game did you have in mind?

I know at ours, people would tap the glass and expect us to kiss : ) I didn't mind Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics