Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

What are you walking down the aisle to?

Rachel, on January 28, 2021 at 11:59 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 15
I'm having a hard time finding instrumentals of songs I'm considering to walk down the aisle to. What are you playing for your aisle walk and exit song for after the ceremony? Are you playing anything while people get seated for the ceremony?

I'm stuck between Perfect by Ed Sheeran, I can't help falling in love with you by Elvis, or something completely different. The only instrumentals I really like are violin. Are Spotify and YouTube my best bet for finding what I want?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on February 1, 2021 at 23:11
  • Julia
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ill be walking down the aisle to "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. It was my parents first dance song at their wedding, so I'm trying to incorporate it into my day without it being the exact same 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have good choices for instrumental songs you like for the aisle walk to choose or mash up to be a mix. If you have a DJ, you can email to ask if they have any recommendations that will be good as they have full selection they play on their system.

• Bailey
    Curious October 2021 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking dream by pricilia ahn ! But it’s up in the air
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's a cover of Can't Help Falling in Love by Haley Reinhart and I looove it. It's still slow like the Elvis one, but a little more modern and less crooney (to me at least).

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran is another lovely choice and it's less common if you want something a little different.
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have quite a few songs on my list for the DJ to play when guests arrive;
    I get to love you - Ruelle, Make you feel my love- Adele, Can’t help falling in love with you. - Hailey Reinhart, I was made for loving you - tori kelly & Ed sheeran, lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, how long will I love you - Ellie Goulding

I have 3 songs chosen for my bridal party to walk down the aisle, it’s a long aisle and we have a lot of people walking. If I need to add or take away songs I will! We will for sure include Home by Edith Whiskers because our recessional is the original by Edward Sharp and the magnetic zeros!! But I have Falling like the stars- James Arthur, Take my hand- Emily Hackett & Will Anderson, Home - Edith Whiskers.
    I’m walking to You are Mine - Holly Maher & Spencer Combs.
    Lol that was so many songs but I’ve been thinking about this forever 😂 I looked at instrumental versions, but I think lyrics totally make a song
  • Amber
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're only including one instrumental in our ceremony and it'll be on loop as guests are being seated. It's called Ashokan Farewell. I'm walking down the aisle to She's Nova Scotia by Rita McNeil (it's relevant to our theme). We will leave the ceremony to It's the End of the World as We Know It by Great Big Sea or REM lol (haven't decided which version we want yet).

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so pretty! I'm not usually a fan of piano but I can definitely see myself walking to this.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you soo much for the recommendation!! Definitely a top contender!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We walked down to the Vitamin String Quartet’s cover I Can’t Help Falling In Love and it was perfect!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this one! I was thinking of this for my wedding

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Search A thousand years by the piano guys. You’ll love it.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds beautiful! We are just having a Spotify Playlist instead of a dj so for sure I hope I can find something there I like.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I walked down to an instrumental of A thousand years. It had a piano and chello. I found it on Spotify and it was perfect
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh! Your Song is one of our favorites too! And we both love queen! That sounds amazing and like it will flow really well.

I think I like the idea of instrumental but can't find any in real life that I actually like. To me it feels more traditional, but maybe I'll keep an open mind for regular versions.
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you considering instrumental versions because that's what you want, or do you feel that it has to be instrumental? We are doing regular versions of some of our favourite love songs for the ceremony!
    Before the ceremony while people get settled, we are playing a playlist of our favourite Beatles songs. Our wedding party will walk to Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles.
    I'm walking down the aisle to Your Song - Elton John
    For our ceremony exit, we will play You're My Best Friend -QueenWe considered instrumental versions, but there's nothing we could find we liked as much as the originals!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics