Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

What are you Diying for your wedding?

Carine, on July 12, 2022 at 13:19 Posted in DIY 0 18

What have you been DIYing for your wedding? I'm doing my seating chart with an Ikea frame, the specialty drink sign, I'm going to customize tumblers and slippers for the girls and beer mugs and flasks for the boys. I will be doing handkerchiefs for my dad and FMIL.

What is on your list? Post pictures or ask for ideas!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 15, 2022 at 08:33
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow I love that that is such a great idea as a favors. I'm not too artsy in the floral department but I got this lady on one of the wedding facebook groups that does it as a hobby, so it's kind of DIY lol.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I usually do my own stuff but the past 5 years I've stopped my art projects, and my mother inlaw actually is the one that got me back into it by painting these wall stones she had. Now I'm like on DIY mode and coming up with things I can do myself, she also has a cricut and never used it so I am putting it to good use that way my future FIL can't complain she hasn't touched it lol. Brownie points with the inlaws Smiley winking

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing our own invitations, as well as wedding favors (cookbooks) for our guests. My fiancee is doing her own floral arrangements for her bouquet and her bridesmaids.
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know on my end if I didn't DIY my wedding I'd never live it down haha, I'm always DIY'ing or crafting something

• Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that most of us are doing it on our own instead of paying someone to do it. Thank you Pinterest and tiktok DIY lol

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also doing my own seating chart, signs in frames, and our wedding favours

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow busy bride but love all these ideas, Actually might steal one from you, we redid our steps so I may do the same. Love all these they look so good and sound amazing, please update us with pictures.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is something else I was debating on doing favours. Was maybe thinking of doing our favorite treats nothing to fancy, but keep guest happy with a little snack.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a big one here, guess where I'm going this weekend thank you!!!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,

I am DIY-ing a few thingsSmiley atonishedign for Engagement Photos: Took a scrap piece of wood from when my father built his deck to make a wedding date sign for our engagement photos. I did a bit of painting. Favours: As we have some children coming to the wedding (9) and the rest are adults we have a mix. We are making tags for key bottle openers with a punny saying and I custom ordered bookmarks that say “onward to the next chapter”. Many family members are avid readers and a good take away for kids. My bridesmaid and I are adding green tassels to them soon (ordered on Amazon).Ceremony decor: Bought greenery from Michaels and tulle from Dollarama. My mother, maid of honour and I are adding tulle bows to it to hide the stems. Photo is below. My family member has wire we can use to fix it to the side of ceremony chairs.Memorial Sign: My family gave me an old gold frame and I’m going to print a phrase for the memorial table to put in the frame. Guest Book: I ordered a large 30x15 photo of a birch tree (watercolour style) with “Our Family Tree” written on the bottom. We got a frame from Michael’s to put it in and having guests sign on the branches. I tell my friends they are like family so they belong on my family tree. Floral Arrangements: I am going minimalist on my floral decorations (also because it saves money). I bought two cylinder vases per guest table (from dollarama!) and ordered a few bunches of ruscus and a few dozen roses. I am having the boys on the day of place one stem of ruscus and one rose in each vase. Simple but pretty. The wedding party and family flowers are pre-arranged by the florist.
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 1What are you Diying for your wedding? 2
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 3
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 4

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lissa! These are all AMAZING!

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m diying the favours 😊 I’m going to make s’mores bags for the guests to take home
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    If you live near an Ikea they have white wood hangers!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow these are all great! you may have to start a small little side Hustle. That reminds me hangers, so hard to find the white ones might need to go brown.

Thank you for sharing.

• Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’ve DIY’d a lot, just have to finish the seating chart, welcome/order of events sign, and the rest of the placecards

Invites etc from Zazzle and I made vellum belly bands myself to use with the round stickers What are you Diying for your wedding? 5Custom mailing stamps
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 6Top of the candle favour (replaced the ikea top)
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 7
    The wedding favour (candle) which is doubling as placecards. The flower icon will change depending on the entree What are you Diying for your wedding? 8Majority of the signs (just a couple more to make on how to share photos)
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 9

What are you Diying for your wedding? 10
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 11Card box
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 12
    Top of the card box
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 13Tote bags, makeup bags (which I filled with day of essentials) and hanger:
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 14
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 15
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 16I’ll get proper photos printed on photo paper to use for the table numbers:
    What are you Diying for your wedding? 17

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love it!!! My venue does most of the decorations for us and they have a bird cage for the cards, flowers and boutonnieres are all done by them, I don't have much to do. I feel like I am missing out but at the same time I am happy it's less things for me to worry about. My Bouquets even though they provide them I found a local lady who does silk flowers, I will be using the venue bouquets as my bouquet toss and memorial bouquets. I ordered our bouquets not thinking this was something my venue offered.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carine,

We are DIYing our card box, table #'s and seating chart, our centre pieces, flower arrangements for the tables, the backdrop and floral arrangements for the ceremony... and our bouquets/boutonieres

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics