Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Expert December 2018 Ontario

What are summer brides doing for a honeymoon

Emma, on July 5, 2018 at 12:21 Posted in Honeymoon 0 17
What are those of you getting married in the summer doing for a honeymoon? Anyone going to the Caribbean? Does hurricane season make you nervous?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on July 31, 2018 at 15:03
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in a few weeks and have decided to hold off on the honeymoon until next April/May as we want to go to Greece for two weeks but I can't leave my job that long in the summer and to be honest, as we're paying for the wedding most of our money is going to that at this point.

What we decided as an alternative is to do a mini-moon for a few days - a little vacation just to get out of town and relax. We ended up picking Nashville as we've both always wanted to go and booked everything this week. We managed to get flights & hotel for 5 days/4 nights for $1500 all in! I think we're both more excited for that than the wedding right now lol.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, the start of the hurricane season is normally quiet. I am from Punta Cana (we've been lucky for the past... oh 10 years), towards the end of the season (October-November) there's more activity.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are spending a week in Florida at my FH parent's villa! Can't wait to lay by the pool and relax.

• Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sure!! We are flying into Rome and spending 4 days there, then taking the train to the Amalfi Coast where we will spend a week in Positano, we plan on doing day trips to Pompeii and Capri while we are there. We go back to Rome for a day and half before we fly back home, so if we miss anything the first round we will have a chance to see it when we go back. Some of the things we plan on doing while we are in Italy include: Food & wine tour, hike the Path of the Gods, see the Blue Grotto, tours of the Vatican and Colloseum, but making sure we leave some time to lay on the beach, eat pizza & gelato and drink copious amounts of wine Smiley smile

• Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhhh.. could you provide some info?

• Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Italy for 2 weeks

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing a caribbean cruise during hurricane seasom because its all we could afford! Were saying our prayers and trying not to worry
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We work for ourselves so can only do the wedding in our slow period - August - and can only get away for a honeymoon when our business isn't operational - January - so we will wait 4-5 months after the wedding before going on the honeymoon.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It made me a little nervous but we purchased travel insurance just in case of a hurricane we can cancel our trip but I’ve been told by a lot of people September will be fine. We have to go a month after our wedding because of work.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A resort honeymoon is certainly the easiest option, but I was too worried about hurricane season. So we chose to stay in Quebec and rent a cottage in a beautiful region.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hes surprising me with the location at the airport. I know that we are leaving Sept 7th at 6:30am till the 14th. so a week. I know that there's a resort. Its hot so i got 2 new bikinis and he told me to get a sun hat. Hes going to ask his doctor if i need shots (I have a compromised immune system) and hes going to have to buy beige pants cause he was told he needs to look a certain way in the restaurants.

I know we were talking about hurricane season, cause i would have really liked to do Orlando but we cant cause its risky.

PS. Im not actively trying to guess where we're going, so if you have ideas, please keep them to yourself. lol Thank you!

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually having a winter wedding. We were just talking about what we would do if we decide to have a honeymoon (still haven’t decided if we will or not). We decided we want to go somewhere warm on a beach. That got me wondering what summer brides
    are doing.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to go somewhere sunny for our honeymoon and knew that going in the summer months would be too hot for us and we wanted a Fall wedding anyway. We went to Bali, Indonesia in end of March/beginning of April. A nice break from Canadian winter temperatures!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married In July (2 days!). We wanted to stay in Canada for the nice weather and also liked the idea of having our honeymoon to look forward to, separate from the wedding.

We're headed to Indonesia in September Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Part of the reason we picked a winter wedding is because I wanted to leave for the honeymoon right away, and we are cruising the Southern Caribbean... also January anniversary trips will escape Vancouver winters...

Maybe do a mini-moon and delay the honeymoon to a better time?

It's not a sunny beach location, but I've cruised Alaska in July and it was absolutely stunning, and warm!!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married this August, we are doing a 4 night mini-moon from the night of of our wedding + 3 additional days at an airbnb in Toronto. It has a private rooftop patio and we have an assortment of activities planned. For our honeymoon, we actually just booked it a few days ago, we are going on a Carribbean Cruise at the end of October.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hurricane season doesn't bother me too much. but I worked on a cruise ship for 2 years and worked during hurricane season.

we personally are waiting on a honeymoon till the winter/next spring. partially from a money perspective. and I really don't want to go to the Caribbean in the summer. would much rather wait and go when its cold here and really enjoy the sun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics