Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

What about the plus ones?

Jodi, on July 18, 2017 at 10:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Hi Brides Smiley smile

so we are trying to write out our invite list and we need to keep our guest list to 60 people. My question for you lovelies is do you give every single person a plus one? because we are having a smaller wedding and we have been together for almost 15 years most of our friends and family know each other. we are trying to avoid having a ton of people there that we don't know. do you invite plus ones for the wedding party only and then couples that you already know get a plus one or give it to every single person?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 20:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Plus ones don't get to everyone unless you know the person and their other half or have met them. I only invited 2 people and one never answered back. The other came alone.

It all depends on the couple overall.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything get so complicated, doesn't it? Singles get invited as singles and are seated with people they know. Engaged, Cohabitating, and married couples are invited together. Those in serious long term relationships (more than a year) can be invited together if you know the significant other. If you don't know them, you are under no obligation to invite them. Hope that helps.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't invite any "plus ones" when I was gathering information for addresses I specifically asked if there was a significant other who should be included on the invitation because I wasn't including plus ones. I personally didn't think anyone needed to pick up a date to take to the wedding. If they are in a serious relationship I was more than willing to include them on the invite. Smiley heart If someone wants to add someone then I can do that.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jodi,

Like the girls say, it's your wedding and if you want to make it small that's totally up to you Smiley smile

You could extend the invite to a +1 to all couples but not all guests...

What do you think ?

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's your wedding so you're not required to automatically give the single friends the option to bring a plus one. If you address it to just them and not with an "and guest" it's implied that it's only for them.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do what you'd like since it's your wedding. I think you just need to be upfront and honest with people.
  • Amelia
    Beginner July 2018 Alberta
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend and when I tried to rsvp with a plus one they told me since it was such a small venue they couldn't have plus ones. I was totally okay with that. Just be honest, it's your day.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You address it and only label the ppl you're inviting. You don't have to give them the option to invite a plus one. Some take it anyways tho lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics