Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia

We're probably cancelling our bookings for everything...

Jamie, on November 29, 2021 at 15:34 Posted in British Columbia 0 6

Alright guys, so I feel like I need a bit of support at the moment...

I have been engaged for 3 years now. We were supposed to be married June 26 2021 but due to the pandemic and restrictions still in place, we made the decision to postpone to next year (June 18 2022). Now, our beautiful venue we are supposed to get married at is now currently half underwater due to extreme flooding (Chilliwack, BC).

I am exhausted. If I would have know what was to come when we booked a venue, we wouldn't have done it and just had a backyard wedding instead. We are currently waiting for responses from all the vendors and the venue to see what we can do about cancelling the bookings and getting refunds.

We are so sad that all this has happened and really wanted to just get married last year. Of course this is all out of our control, but still needed to vent!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on January 11, 2022 at 15:19
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have made the decision to have a backyard wedding at my parent's place instead. Now the challenge is trying to get our deposit back from the venue...wish us luck! I've heard it is extremely difficult to get refunds back from this place...

• Angelique
    Beginner June 2022 British Columbia
    Angelique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear this. Coming from another bride, I’m getting married the same day as you and I’m having anxieties with the Omicron variant restricting gathering and weddings.

Hang tight. Is there any other place you can have the reception? Or is it fully booked?
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Lynnie

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this Jamie!! Sending you lots of love and virtual support! Smiley heart

200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47gxf2y4nus89llnln7mvrsxg07xnlgl9zwh7jsdb5&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this. I can't even imagine what the flood is doing to weddings now. Things will work out in the end Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics