Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Week of the Wedding

Hank, on June 21, 2021 at 17:24 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

On the week leading up to your wedding, how many appointments and events do you have to attend? For example, you might have a ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to thank your bridal party. You may move in a night early to store all your decor at the venue. If your gents are renting suits, they may need to make an appointment to pick up their outfits. Some of you may need to pick up and greet family coming from out of town.

What will you be doing the week leading up to your wedding?

Week of the Wedding 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 25, 2021 at 09:36
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have no idea!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I can imagine how many things are on your checklist since you have to travel to a different province.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, that's more or less our plan too. I might get a slight trim on my hair but anything drastic would be done two weeks prior.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, my fiancee would kill me if I showed up sunburned right at the nick of time at the ceremony. And my Best Man's wife would kill him if any of the Hangover shenanigans took place.

• Emma
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At this point...my plan is just the wedding with a rehearsal dinner a day or two before. Ceremony and reception are in the same place, same day, I tried to keep it nice and easy Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my fiance and I, we come into the city a week before the wedding so we're able to go and do a couple of things. We're meeting out Pastor one afternoon during the week, as well as meeting up with our photographer. My MOH and I are having our makeup trails done on Wednesday. My fiance and I are going to get a couples massage Thursday morning. Friday we're taking the whole bridal party golfing for the day. Since our wedding is being held on a Sunday, we're only able to have our rehearsal Saturday morning. Then my MOH, my mom and myself are going to get our nails done! Our Day Of Coordinator is taking all of our décor Saturday from us and taking them to the winery so we don't have to worry about getting them there so she can set everything up in the morning. Since we're getting our suits from Edmonton, we're able to pick them up a day or two before we leave for Kelowna and then after the wedding we're able to drop off our suits at the Kelowna store.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Myself I'll have to get nails done. The night before we'll have to set a few things up at the venue (centerpieces, welcome sign, decorate for ceremony, bring in anything else we may need). Trying to keep the week before as uncluttered with things as possible. We may have to drive up to get my in-laws the day before as well.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's hilarious 🤣 sounds too risky to me. We tried to limit our contacts the week before - I was actually in isolation because of a student right up until the day before our original date so I was terrified of ending up in isolation again and OVER the wedding. We also took the advice to do as much relaxing as possible the week before. I did get my nails done with our moms and my sisters and the day before we went to the venue to set up, had our rehearsal, got my hair blown out, and had our out of town welcome dinner (our wedding party as well as they stayed at the hotel too). Highly recommend taking some time to yourselves so you're relaxed and able to fully enjoy the entirety of your big day(s).
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your group is like the guys in The Hangover, maybe you're having a bachelor/bachelorette party the night before the wedding! lol

Week of the Wedding 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics