Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Wedshoots

Shelley, on March 21, 2022 at 00:32 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi there! Has anyone used Wedshoots to capture your day of photos from your guests? How did you display the QR code and album # to get guests to download the app and use it? Did you display it once or include at each table? Did you use the downloadable sign version here on WeddingWire or create your own version? Or is it just better to include your wedding hashtag and hope people tag to it? I would like the guests to be aware of it but I don’t want it to be tacky. And finally, how did your photographer feel about it? Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Shelley, on March 27, 2022 at 21:37
  • S
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Shelley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Your responses confirmed exactly what I was thinking. Guests don't want to upload apps (neither would I). Just going to include our hashtag in our invitations, same as it was on our Save the Dates, and also place it on our day of program and leave it at that. People will share through the usual media like FaceBook etc.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using our hastag and will have some signs with it for people to tag... also going to ask people to send the photos they take!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not going to use it- we are including our wedding hashtag on our STD's as well as post it around the venue.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're just using a hashtag. I made sure to make it simple and easy to remember (it's #libgetsrich) in hopes guests will use it. We will have a few signs around the reception to remind guests. I know personally I wouldn't download an app to upload/find wedding pictures as a guest
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never bothered with Weddingwire's wedshoots because I seriously doubt you'll get much traction from it. Couples always encourage people to use wedding hashtags to send pics on social media yet it never really takes off. When you consider the low buy in despite how easy it is, I highly doubt people will purposely download and install a whole app just to send you photos.

No photographer will use wedshoots to send you pics. They will usually send you a link to a professional album with high quality images. If I'm not mistaken, wedshoots tend to compress your photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics