Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abigail
Newbie March 2022 Ontario

Weddings for summer 2022?

Abigail, on March 14, 2021 at 20:05 Posted in Ontario 0 5
So my fiancé and I were planning for our wedding for summer 2022 in July. are there any other brides out there who are planning a wedding for next summer? how do you feel about it especially about covid being part of the picture? specifically in Toronto?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on March 24, 2021 at 06:48
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is still lots of time, which is great for you!
    Most venues and vendors now have Covid clauses and guidelines to help ease your mind should the pandemic continue that far ahead.
    There are lots of options now (postponing, changing guest numbers etc.) should you find yourself in this situation next year.
    If you are set with 2022, I recommend getting a jump on things as there is a lot more competition for venues and vendors- and dress shipments in some cases have been delayed by a few months. All the best with your planning 🥰
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make the best of what we have to plan for the summer wedding. This is how you will make your dreams come true as being beautiful memories with masks as some couples did with in the Covid times. There will be restrictions to work around as you will find venues have in place.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're flexible about what your wedding will look like and you're really set on 2022, I don't see why you can't start planning now. Just make sure you have the ability to postpone/cancel or lower minimum spend, etc depending on any restrictions when you book your vendors.

But it's possible that later this summer and fall we might find out that there are restrictions going into 2022 that may be a deal-breaker for you. Speaking as someone who planned a November 2020 wedding before the pandemic and then had to change plans who knows how many times, I cannot stress enough how exhausting it is trying to plan a wedding with the uncertainty of the pandemic and government restrictions looming over you. So if you aren't flexible with your vision of your wedding and you're not in a rush, I'd wait it out until the summer or fall when more people have been vaccinated and then reevaluate. This is essentially what we're doing with our cancelled/postponed reception - we're waiting until we know we can have the party we want before we book more vendors and start putting down more deposits. If that means we end up planning the wedding with 3 months notice then so be it. I just don't think I could emotionally handle trying to plan another pandemic wedding so I'm not taking the risk lol.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning for May 2022 in Alberta Im really hoping covid won't be a problem but its good to be prepared with plans in case. Our total guest list is 54 people which is 50% of our venues capacity. I really hope we can have dancing!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The good news is, you have time to plan. You can cautiously start the process with the restrictions like gathering limits, masks, and no dancing in mind, and then gradually implement things when restrictions are lifted and it's safe for certain activities to proceed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics