Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia

Wedding vows

Jessica, on May 12, 2017 at 14:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

Hi all! Who here is writing their own vows? My FH and I are planning to, our wedding isn't until next July but I'm wondering when I should start working on them, how soon is too soon... I really want them to be perfect and tend to have trouble with words haha

5 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on May 15, 2017 at 07:19
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica, So nice to get married in July! Are you excited? Here I share article as this you can get some inspiration: 20 Questions to Ask Before Writing Your Wedding Vows. How is everything going? Smiley love Who is getting married in 2018? Let me know xx

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wrote our own vows and it made it so special and memorable! I think it's definitely better to get a head start on the vows so that you don't have to scramble last minute (putting it into words is so hard!) but it's still a little early for you. Our officiant recommended writing down things that we loved about our partner so that when we sat down to write the vows, we could start there and it would be easier. I would recommend keeping a journal and writing things down as they come to you and then next year, go through them and see what stands out and what you want to include in the vows. Another thing they recommend is keeping your vows about the same length as your partner's so you don't end up with one person who wrote 3 sentences and one that wrote 2 pages! (You don't need to read each other's in advance but just agree on a general length.) My husband likes to write so he wrote a TON and had to pair it down but what was nice was that he kept his original draft and read it to me after the wedding so I still got to hear it all!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be writing our own vows for our wedding next July as well Smiley smile havent even started to think about them yet.
    My FHs brother wrote his own vow for his wedding a couple years ago... Morning of the wedding he had to sit down and write it because he hadnt yet! So as long as mine are done 1 full day in advance i will be happy haha.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are writing our own vows and also getting married in September. I haven't really put anything down yet but I have some ideas rolling around in my head. I know that I want to add a bit of humour or else I will just be a crying mess. Maybe you could start giving yourself ideas of what type/style of vows you want to make. There are a few articles here on Wedding Wire that can help you out as well.

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't actively start working on it, but anything you think of something that you will want to add, just write it down! We are writing ours and are getting married his September and I've only just started you think about it. But I think it will depend on the type of person you are and how much time you need for things. if you know you have trouble with words, maybe it's not a bad idea to start a little extra early so you can have time to find the right way to say everything. hope that helps Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics