Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Wedding Vow Struggles

Becky, on August 9, 2019 at 10:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

I am struggling hard with how to write vows- I am horrible with words and expressing myself. I was searching on here for different idea's or ways to write vows. Thought would share some articles to help with anyone else struggling!

Any advice if you have wrote your own vows?

Vow basics

What need to know about your vows
Vow Don'ts

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kathy, on August 9, 2019 at 14:11
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I wrote my vows - I also got vow books from Etsy as well. My tip is put a little note in your phone every day. What you like about him, what he does that makes you laugh etc. Anything that you feel would be nice to say on the day.

I started 6 months ago - And I jot down little things and then I made sense of it all. So every day write something - you have time

that’s my tip ☺️
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are getting personalized notebooks, likely from Etsy. We figure they will be nice in pictures on the day of, and as a keepsake!

Wedding Vow Struggles 1
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pinterest helped me a ton. I followed a couple templates that really helped, and then added my own spin.

Our officiant also gives us a huge list of traditional and contemporary vows, and then how to write your own. Both of these have been very helpful!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just finished writing mine, and I'm very happy with them! I kept adding notes in my phone whenever I thought of something I thought I might want to say, or heard a good way to phrase things. Then, I started to put them together until I felt it flowed nicely. It's sentimental and personal, and still has a couple of funny bits to keep it light as well.

My dilemma now is what do I write them on to take with me? Note cards, a small book?

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting lots of inspiration from Pinterest! We've agreed that we are going to find a "template" to follow so that ours are similar in length and structure.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I am not writing vows - if I were I would probably list a bunch of annoying things he does and tell him I love him in spite of them Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics