Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J. M.
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Wedding videos

J. M., on May 1, 2020 at 16:18 Posted in WeddingWire 0 7
Question. Am I the only one that now scrolls past wedding videos cause it makes me too sad to watch them?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on June 1, 2020 at 22:18
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's no different than looking at photos of other weddings but like Amelia said, if I don't know them personally, it does feel a bit weird watching them, especially if the videos contain speeches and intimate messages.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes its SOOOO depressing. im so sad i should be on cloud 9 right now my wedding is in less than 60 days and im so depressed praying the world gets better

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When the pandemic hit we just completely stopped talking or thinking about the wedding. It was like we gave up. It took over six weeks to get out of the funk and start looking at vendors to book to ensure there was something left for 2021!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is a perfectly valid reaction! Before we bit the bullet and postponed I was also avoiding wedding-related content as it tended to bum me out a little. But now that we’ve pushed the wedding I’m excited again and will happily pour over photos. I’m also loving reading news pieces about couples getting creative (and hearing first-hand accounts on WW of course). Like I read this morning about a couple who live-streamed their ceremony at a drive-in theatre while their families attended in their cars. So cool.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, I'm sorry! I completely misunderstood.
  • J. M.
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    J. M. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That question was more along the lines of just being sad that some of us won’t get the chance to have that dream wedding we see others having in the videos as a lot of us are cancelling due to the pandemic and have a tiny one just to say I do
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't consider them sad, but they're very personal and to me almost private. If I don't know the couple well enough to have gone to the wedding and they put the video online I feel a little creepy watching it.

Photos, on the other hand, I will scroll through for hours if an acquaintance posts them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics