Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lovely Lotus
Newbie September 2025 Ontario

Wedding Venues in Ontario that allow byob

Lovely Lotus, on April 2, 2022 at 14:28 Posted in Ontario 1 4

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any venues in Ontario that allow you to obtain a special permit from the AGCO and bring your own alchohol?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lovely Lotus, on April 3, 2022 at 15:43
  • Lovely Lotus
    Lovely Lotus ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Eryn. It has been a challenge trying to find one but, I did end up finding a venue. Waterstone in newmarket allows you to bring your own alcohol. But the person serving have to be smart serve certified and you need to obtain a special permit from the AGCO or LCBO. Which I am ok with doing.

• Lovely Lotus
    Lovely Lotus ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ended up finding a venue that allows you to bring you own alcohol. WaterStone Estate in New Market allows you to bring your own but you need a special permit and someone with a smart serve to serve.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many people are you looking to host?

Eryn has the right idea. Most banquet halls won't allow outside alcohol because they want to maximize their revenue. Legions and community centers are more open to that.

You can try restaurants that either don't have liquor licenses or have such a small selection of alcohol that they won't letting you bring your own in.

• Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I don't have any complete answers for you as I don't know what area you're looking to have your venue in or themes, but good options to look at would be community centres, Legions, art galleries, and parks/gardens. Some banquet halls do allow it, but most do not as it becomes a licensing issue. Just be real careful as in some locations it's necessary for you to obtain a permit to have alcohol on the premises (pretty sure you can get one from an LCBO) and some locations also require you to have someone that's SMART Serve certified to serve it!

Report Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics