Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Frankie
Wisconsin

Wedding Venue Payment??

Frankie, on October 12, 2022 at 15:36 Posted in Just married 0 3

Hey Everyone, I am just hoping for some answers or to understand what others have done / would do. We had our wedding this past weekend, October 8th and the day of coordinator the venue provided was really not great. She mentioned on our 7 day out call (that she didn't call into by the way and I had to email her a few times to give me a call), that on the day of the wedding she would give me a bill and we can pay for the remainder of the balance then. Well, she left the wedding before the event was even over, so I did not receive a final bill from her or anybody from the venue... It is going on 4 days now that nobody has reached out to me in regards to payment, and I am worried they are just going to charge the card I have on file from the deposit, however whenever I reach out via email nobody answers me.

How should I handle this / how have others paid their venue??

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 3, 2022 at 14:23
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue should be billing you soon if it's their duty and letting you know the payment is due. You are doing everything in your power to make sure your end is covered of the balance payment. They may be busy and not paying attention to what needs being done for the final bills or checking their emails regularly. Check your bank accounts to make sure the payment hasn't gone through if they didn't get in touch with you before proceeding without acknowledgement.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely call your venue and your coordinator. They might be super busy and not been able to file your paperwork for the final bill. I know that this was the case with us and our venue. It took them 6 days to have our final bill finalized

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would contact your credit card company and explain the situation, put a stop payment on the credit card as you only authorized the down payment, if you have emails showing that she mentioned paying at the venue for the second portion send that to them.

I would wait for her to reach out to you and then discuss how disappointed you are with the service and then discuss the remainder of the invoice.

We put a down payment cash with our vendor and I have to pay the final invoice 1 week before the wedding. All my vendors have been cash payment deposits.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics