Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sammie
Frequent user July 2018 Alberta

Wedding vendors Calgary and area

Sammie, on October 18, 2017 at 17:44 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hello ! Getting married July 13 2018.. and I've got a couple of vendors going.. But I'm having a really hard time with food..It's way cheaper to cook everything myself and have family heat it the day of.. caterers are around 3000.00 ... and that's just too much ..Does anyone know of any caterers that are cheaper for 100 people. Or should i just go ahead with cooking myself?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sammie, on October 20, 2017 at 00:47
  • Sammie
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Sammie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I checked them out already and they are still over 3000.00 I have a 3 hr long cocktail hour and that's when certain people would be heating everything.. Also it only cost me 800 too do all my own food and 100 for the cups, plates and silverware..It's also being a buffet service and my renting will only be 40.00 for chaffing dishes. I have pretty much everything else..This is why I'm in a predicament.. because it's way cheaper for me to do the cooking and we have the break to heat the food. But I don't know what to do about bartenders etc.. I'm just kinda lost.. 3000 is a lot for a buffet .. and it's all very simple food..
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sammie! I highly recommend trying to find a pro caterer or restaurant to take the pressure off yourself and your family on your wedding day. If family are off reheating food they are missing out on parts of your celebration. Plus you could add cost by needing to rent serving equipment, hiring servers, hiring clean up staff, would you need to rent your own utensils and place settings as well?

Looking at the bottom line can be stressful, but if you're finding caterers for 3000 for 100 people, that's just 30/meal, and compare that to any nice meal in a restaurant, you're already upside right. Options like pasta buffets and bbq tends to be the most affordable wedding meal options so that might be another place to look.

These guys list their buffet service at 20/head and offer a WW discount, you might want to look through their page and send them an inquiry - https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-catering/rocky-mountain-bbq--e14394

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics