Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Transportation

Amanda, on December 9, 2019 at 16:58 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

So we started to look into the transportation to get from the church to the venue. It is about a 10 to 15 min drive and I can not believe the prices that Limo charging are charging.

We are looking for alternative options and Uber came up. Does it seem weird to take an Uber from the church to venue?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on January 20, 2020 at 14:38
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m driving my own vehicle with my bridesmaids to the church and renting an SUV for the boys. After the ceremony, myself, the groom, best man and maid of honour are taking my car to pictures and we voluntold (hehe) someone to drive the SUV and then they can drink as much as they want at the ceremony.
  • E
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Ebony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I don’t want to use limousines at all! We are totally opting for the Uber black option for us and our gang. I think it would look quite chic for us to roll up in some black SUVs.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird at all. my venue is WALKING distance from the church and the prices they limo companies were giving me were insane. so we are doing uber black!!! or dec out your parents car and have them drive you guys!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally don't think this is weird, Amanda! If you're happy to use it, and it puts less of a strain on your budget, go for it Smiley smile

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the uber for my wedding. I don't think it's weird, if anything it was SUPER practical. My MOH and I took a regular one to the notary, then my MOH, best man, husband and I jumped into an XL with our photographer after the ceremony and went to do photos, then got another one to go to the venue. Worked really well and cost us like 100$.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uber is easier if you want to use it. Transportation is expensive when it comes to weddings and the price tag that follows it. Alternative transportation may not be as expensive other than a limo.

Cutting out the cost of transportation and having a wedding party drive cars may be the best solution to save on any other cost of Uber and other choices of transportation given the time of the venue from church.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's weird. Can you book Uber far in advance?

What other rides have you looked at? Sometimes you can rent school buses, depending on the time of year and how many people you're transporting. It could also be cute to decorate a bus.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics