Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madge
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Wedding Transportation

Madge, on March 13, 2019 at 15:10 Posted in Ontario 0 4

Hi everyone!

So here's me dilemma. My fiance and I as well as the whole wedding party will be at a hotel in Ajax the night before the wedding. The venue is about 15 minutes away by car. I basically need all of us picked up and dropped off at the venue by 10 am. All of us are then to be picked up at 1 am to go back to the hotel.

The quotes I have been getting have been ridiculous. Due to my July wedding date there's a minimum 4+ hours charge with totals of $800-$1000 per car (on average). That's insane. I'm not paying that for 2 rides that is 15 minutes away.

I don't want anyone in the wedding party driving because they will definitely all be drinking of course. Unfortunately I can't really ask anyone outside the wedding party to help out either so that's not an option. Does anyone recommend a good car service that's reliable and doesn't have ridiculous prices? My option right now are to get Ubers or Taxis but I'm so scared to rely on that. Has anyone done this?

Thanks everyone! Smiley heart

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 15, 2019 at 16:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uber or taxi as your looking at it seems the way to go for transportation. The costs are really ridiculous when it comes to limos. I have heard of a bus limo that can fit more people if needed and get a quote on that part. Saves one less ride each way.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Madge! This is a great question, I know a lot of people worry about transportation on the day of their wedding.

Have you looked in the WeddingWire vendor directory for a car service? Here is a link to Wedding Transportation in Ontario that may help you.

Also, make sure you know exactly what you want from your transportation service so that nothing falls between the cracks! There is a great article I found that may be helpful to you -

9 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Transportation Vendor

I know a lot of car services do require a minimum rental time so this is something to keep in mind when looking for transportation for that many people.

If you are nervous to rely on Uber or taxis for the day of your wedding, maybe have a look into Uber Events.

I hope this was helpful!Smiley laugh

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm... we once went to a wedding up in Muskoka where the bride and groom arranged for a service to drive each persons car from the venue to the hotel they were staying at (with them in it) at the end of the night. They just did this back and forth for god knows how long lol. I'd stick to Uber if you can't find anythnig cheaper tho!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This may sound crazy, but what about renting a bus (school or coach)?

You could always call up local taxi companies and tell them you're having a wedding on whatever date at whatever venue and you're going to have a lot of guests, etc. that will need taxis.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics