Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Wedding timeline without seated dinner

Ana, on July 20, 2020 at 00:17 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
We are looking into having a small wedding celebration on September 5th this year, and for various reasons including COVID we are planing on only having some drinks and hors d’œuvres after the ceremony, no seated dinner. I’m trying to figure out what’s the timeline would look like and what time should the ceremony start?
I’m thinking:
6:30-ceremony7- hors d’œuvre for guests and us taking pictures 7:30-40 we can cheer and speeches 8-8:30 dance Does it look alright?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on August 18, 2020 at 17:50
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't having dinner and our timeline is quite similar to yours. We planned to do photos before the ceremony, so our appetizers were happening after the ceremony during some speeches and before the first dance.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Hanks idea.
    I also think "crossing fingers" it will be stage 3 by your date. I hope it all works out darling!!! Smiley ring

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ana, congrats on your upcoming nuptials. Due to the unpredictable nature of covid's affect on government regulations, this is how I would arrange things the following way to be on the safe side, planning wise.

6:30pm ceremony

7:00pm photos and hors d’œuvres - I would stretch this out as long as I can as this will be the main "entertainment" for the guests. Dancing is not allowed under Ontario's Stage 3 framework.

8:00pm - Speeches

8:30pm - Big group photos with everyone holding a drink and cheers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics