Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Curious July 2023 Ontario

Wedding Registry for Destination Wedding

Dawn, on June 13, 2022 at 21:56 Posted in WeddingWire 0 13

Hello Brides,

For those of you doing a destination wedding are you creating gift registries potentially for guests who cannot attend? Which sites are you using? Amazon, Hudson's Bay, Bed Bath and Beyond? Any help or insight is much appreciated. Did you have a shower?

Dawn

13 Comments

Latest activity by Dawn, on July 13, 2022 at 12:30
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the feedback!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have attended 2 destination weddings this year and monetary gifts are the only thing we give to the couple since they have everything. I did give a nice gift of pillow cases mrs. Mr., meditation tree of the seven stones since they do that every day and a photo frame with their first dance song title on it. They loved it omce they came back to town.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had the same with a few guests asking but we just said a monetary gift was best since we've been living together for the past 7 years and we bought a house a few years ago and don't really need anything. Monetary gifts are best in my opinion, that way the couple can go and buy what they want at a later time

• D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amanda,

Thanks for sharing! I didn’t consider a monetary gift due to the destination wedding. I’ve had invited guests who can’t attend ask if there is a registry. This definitely worth considering.

• D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing. A Honeymoon fund is great!!
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Carine, Sounds lovely! Wishing you all the best.
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Danielle,

That is a great idea!. Thanks for sharing!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using Amazon, Bed bath and beyond but might remove Bed bath and monetary gifts as well. We are having a bridal shower, but reading online it should only be the people invited to the wedding should be invited to the wedding. So I am not sure. I know my soon to be MIL wants to invite all her friends in her neighborhood to the shower. I will leave that to her and my MOH.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing a destination wedding to Banff, Alberta. Half of our list that is family is coming from Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. We wrote on our website to not worry about getting us a gift because their presence alone is very much appreciated.

But we still had some ask about it so we decided to create a Honeymoon fund. We live together and already have everything we possibly need and more, so we rather have help towards that. We used the website Honeyfund and its amazing.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do a destination wedding but we created a very small registry for this who requested one on My Registry - I preferred it because you can add items from any store Smiley smile
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you that is a good idea to consider!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing a somewhat of a destination. All of our guests and us are traveling to Kelowna BC for our wedding.

We decided against a gift registry and just asked for a monetary gift instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics