Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Wedding reception guests

Wassan, on January 22, 2018 at 21:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Good day everyone! I sm starting to think about planning my wedding. Now we are at setting the number of guest we expect at the wedding and we will book the venue accordingly. Our weddings are usually relatively big ones 300-350 guests. I heard that after sending the invitations there is a certain percentage through which you can predict howmany will answer yes to attend and howmany are not. That way we can know howmany to invite in the first place and not to end up with a big empty hall and get charged by the venue because we didn’t meet the number we agreed on. Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 1, 2018 at 23:32
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having a similar problem. I created a spreadsheet with the final number if I didn’t reach the minimum by 30 guests, 20 guests, and so on. This really helped me wrap my head around the costs and understand everything.

With this being said, we are most-likely going to have to dip into our “B-List” of invitees in order to fill the space accordingly. It’s a shame because I’d love to just be able to invite people and have everyone I want to show up lol
  • W
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Wassan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is 40% declines the usual?! Isn’t it too high?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venues look at the number finalized tje month before. If you have average 40% declining, you should be ok to look at a hall within your budget.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was always told that between 20-30% won't attend. That being said, most places give you a date to have your final numbers in by and charge you for the number of guests you provide that day - they need to cover staffing, food, drink, etc. cost for the group. But I agree with Erin that most venues book fast and early, especially for the fall months. If you have a ballpark idea of # of guests, I'd work on getting a venue booked and then do your final polishing of the list once you have a confirmation for your venue.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would solidify your guest list first and then find a venue that could fit your max number but will only charge you based on the final numbers given. You may also want to keep in mind that you may have trouble finding a venue for this year since most venues are booked up to 18 months ahead.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure what your question is, but the rule of thumb is generally 40% won't attend. Your best bet is to speak with the venue, they have a good idea of numbers if you tell them how many you'd like to invite. Go with a hall that would ultimately fit everyone, and who charges based on final numbers rather than estimates.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics