Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Wedding Raffle

Olivia, on July 23, 2020 at 21:07 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Looking for some suggestions!!
My fiancé and I are planning to do a raffle rather than a buck n doe. What are some prizes you’d want to win or what are the best raffle prizes you’ve seen?! Thanks everyone!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Matt, on January 6, 2021 at 09:26
  • Matt
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Matt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh sorry, thought you did it already. Update us to tell us how it goes!!
    Those are some great gifts. I think we will go with a few great prizes as well.
    It’s just hard to decide if this is the route to go or wait out the vaccine and host a B&D. Running out of time for our July wedding
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven’t done it yet! We just bought our prizes over Boxing Day.
    Prize one; 50inch 4K smart tv
    Prize two: cooler of booze valued at $200Prize three: $50 beer store card, $50 ultimate dining card
    We’re going to start selling tickets in February! Everyone I’ve talked to seems pretty pumped about these prizes so I’m hoping it goes over well Smiley smile
  • Matt
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Matt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How did you guys make out? We are going to go the same route this year instead of a buck and doe (due to covid). Interested to find out if you made out as well as hosting an event would have
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a great idea!!
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ....you can also throw in an incentive for the wedding party for whoever sells the most tickets...it really worked.
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For a Friends raffle they did either visa gift cards or cash prizes they picked 3 or 4 winners.Everyone loves money! They sold alot.
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we love the booze cooler for sure! I like the idea of small themed baskets, thanks!!
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re not really sporty people, but still could be a good option!! Thanks!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a cooler of booze for our raffle, did it all over Facebook and sold tickets in person prior to the pandemic and had a super good turn out! I found themed baskets like you’d see at buck and does are usually very popular, dinner and a movie, gift card bouquet, spa day gift certificate, lottery ticket bouquet. If you’re looking to do a couple draws could do a big item (tv, sports related item (tickets, signed item) tickets to an event etc) and then draw for something small like a gift card or something! There’s definitely lots of ideas!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whenever we fundraise at work, anything related to sports experiences (tickets to a game) always fly with bids, even in a crowd that you think are not big sports people.

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome ideas, thank you!!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love experiences, so dinner and a movie, trip to the spa, weekend getaways. You could do a few smaller gift card/certificate prizes or a grand prize with a few "staycation" gifts to local restaurants and attractions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics