Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Wedding programs

Cc, on May 26, 2022 at 13:42 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
When it comes to wedding programs do you need programs for both the ceremony and reception?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on May 28, 2022 at 08:43
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a couple friends hand ours out before the ceremony as guests arrived but I don't know if they were 100% worth it as we had a lot leftover but they did make me feel better and not stress knowing that the guests would have a light schedule they could follow so everyone would be seated at the right times. It was a very basic, high-level outline that was also great for flat lay photos. As a designer, I had fun making them and was able to print them inexpensively - I recommend if you do them, just doing a double-sided post card. Definitely no need for a fancy folded card or anything! It could even live as a sign but that may cost the same as printing it simply, and I wouldn't print one for every guest as they likely won't all take them or one per family/couple will.

Wedding programs 1

Wedding programs 2

Wedding programs 3

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm opting out on Programs and getting a family friend to be a master of ceremony, he'll be the one directing people and will have a timeline of when things happen.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are opting for a wedding sign that has times on it rather than programs.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're cutting this out of our wedding. There's really no need for programs imo. Just another thing that people will probably forget to take with them and money wasted
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not having programs as our reception is in the room beside where our ceremony is taking place. I have been thinking about having a large sign with a breakdown like this at the entrance f the banquet halls though:

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Overall, programs are a nice to have and not a must have. If you're tight on budget, consider cutting the programs.

• C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Our ceremony is outdoors and very short like 20 minutes tops. But our reception has alot going on between games and well we have 4 kids together so we wanna do a surprise family dance.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You technically don't need either. Programs is one of those things where if you don't have them, no one will care. Most ceremonies are around 30 minutes - people don't really need a break down of events for such a short period. And most of your guests will likely leave the program on their seat after the ceremony.

As for the reception, I would say a menu is more important than a program unless you have a lot going on (3+ speeches, multiple games, a lot of dances, etc).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics