Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Wedding Playlist - Alternative Rock/rock/punk etc

Abbie, on January 22, 2021 at 09:34 Posted in Wedding reception 1 8

Hi everybody!

My fiancé and I have decided to make our own playlist for our wedding instead of using a DJ. We aren't big dancers and are not even sure if we'll be able to have a dance floor so we are not too worried about having danceable tracks. I am a huge audiophile and really enjoying putting one together, and would love to hear recommendations for songs in the alternative rock/rock/punk etc. genres that you would recommend. I'm probably overthinking it but I'm looking for songs with generally positive content given it will be a for our wedding. Smiley smile

I'd also be interested in recommendations for nostalgia tracks from the 90s and 2000s as that's when we grew up. Except country, I loathe country music Smiley tongue

Looking forward to your suggestions! Smiley laugh

8 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on January 23, 2021 at 20:09
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it! I love finding people with equally awesome taste in music! 😁

And yes, that’s the problem I’m having too! Nothing is quite fitting yet...let me know if you something! 😊
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay 100% following this thread for playlist inspo, because we're also doing this instead of a DJ, and your style in music is identical to mine LOL. Also if you find a Green Day song that you can play at the wedding, let me know - I was thinking about 80 as well, been skimming 1,039/Smooth to see if there's any good classics to add to the list. Every GD love song seems to be a little bit sad xD

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think part of the struggle I'm having is that I am a huge Green Day nerd and therefore know overly specific backgrounds for all their songs and then I overthink it haha! But I am determined to include them in some way! They do have some great love songs, they're just more specific...like 80, which is really sweet but also has darker themes as well.

I don't have Spotify yet but I am planning to get it for the wedding! Music is crucial for me, but since we can't really afford a DJ and I'm my own DJ most of the time anyways I figured we'd go this route! Best of luck to you with your DJ ^_^

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha true..... Unfortunately Green Day is notorious for some controversial lyrics and background stories. But not everyone knows that, so I'm sure you could get away with it. Smiley winking

Do you have Spotify? They have some great Alt/Alt rock and 90's/00's nostalgia playlists for ideas! Music is definitely one of the most important things to me about the wedding, I'd be my own DJ too if I thought it wouldn't stress me out. I'm definitely giving our DJ some very specific instructions, LOL Smiley laugh

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will do that - thank you!! Smiley laugh

• Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg look up “pop punk perfection baby” on Spotify it is truly EVERYTHING 😂 I love it so much lol, also all out 00s and all out 90s. So good!!!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you kidding me - I LOVE this!! Feel free to drop any more that you think of!! Thank you so much! And I can't believe I forgot Everlong!

Green Day is my all time favourite band and I'm struggling because I really want to include Good Riddance, but knowing the background behind the song it really doesn't seem like an appropriate song for a wedding haha.

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

-The Killers - Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me, When You Were Young, Human

-Tame Impala - Elephant, The Less I know The Better,
    -The Black Keys - Lonely Boy, Gold on the Ceiling, Howlin for you, Little Black Submarines, Tighten Up
    -Foo Fighters - Everlong, These Days, Times Like These, Best of You, Learn to Fly
    -Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life, How's it going to be, Never let you go, Jumper
    -Collective Soul - Shine, The world I know, December, Gel
    -Incubus - Drive, Wish you Were here
    -Sugar Ray - Every Morning, Fly, Someday
    -Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, Accidentally in love, Big Yellow Taxi
    -Coldplay - (the more upbeat hits) Yellow, Viva La Vida, Paradise, Something Just Like This
    -Green Day - Good Riddance
    -The Cranberries - Linger, Dreams
    -R.E.M. - It's The End of the World As We Know it, Shiny Happy People, Man on the Moon, Losing My Religion
    -Tragically Hip - Canadian legends, honestly anything
    -Imagine Dragons - Thunder, Radioactive, Believer, Demons
    -OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    -Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me
    -MGMT - Time to Pretend, Kids, Electric Feel
    -Foster The People - Pumped up Kicks, Helena Beat,
    -The Strokes - Someday, Last Nite
    -Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way, Scar Tissue, The Getaway
    -Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire, Pyro, Wait for Me
    -The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
    -Jet - Are you gonna be my girl
    -Weezer - Island in the sun, Beverly Hills
    -Florence + The Machine - You've got the love
    -Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
    -The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl, Blue Orchid
    -Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
    -Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
    -Blink 182 - I Miss You, All the small things

Ok I had to force myself to stop, I'm so sorry if this is overwhelming. LOL, good luck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics