Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy Siega
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Wedding plans

Joy Siega, on February 3, 2021 at 13:33 Posted in Ontario 0 12

Hello,

My wedding was supposed to happen on Sept. 04, 2020 but due to pandemic we had to postponed it till this year. My fiance and I have already decided to go through with the wedding for May 28, 2021. Does anyone know if we can have at least 50 provided the venue can accommodate and can socially distanced? I hope someone can answer.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on February 25, 2021 at 12:58
  • Sam
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wait, I didn't know this - does this mean there is hope for possible dancing if Toronto in in orange zone?

• M
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As some of you may not know..restrictions for wedding in Ontario are as follows.

Red Zone: Gatherings are 5 indoor and 25 outdoor and ceremonies are 30% capacity of the room and 100 people outdoors

Orange Zone: Gatherings in an organized event with staffed businesses are 50 indoor and 100 outdoor. Ceremonies are 30% capacity of the room and 100 people outdoors. Alcohol servings are to stop at 9:00PM. Dancing is permitted but within groups of your household

Yellow Zone; Gatherings in an organized event with staffed businesses are 50 indoor and 100 outdoor. Ceremonies are 30% capacity of the room and 100 people outdoors. Alcohol servings are to stop at 11:00PM. Dancing is permitted but within groups of your household

Green Zone: Gatherings in an organized event with staffed businesses are 50 indoor and 100 outdoor. Ceremonies are 30% capacity of the room and 100 people outdoors. No restrictions on Alcohol.Dancing is permitted but within groups of your household

If your wedding is at a private event (not at a venue), e.i. park, backyard, the following is

Red Zone: 5 people indoor and 10 outdoor
    Orange Zone: 10 people indoor, and 25 outdoor
    Yellow Zone: 10 people indoor and 25 outdoor
    Green Zone: 10 people indoor and 25 outdoor

Hope this helps for anyone second guessing and not sure how to proceed.

• Joy Siega
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Joy Siega ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Eric! That would have been lovely but unfortunately we put down deposits already and if we cancel now we will lose 75% of that money and we don’t want that to happen.
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Roll the dice. That is how un predictable things are right now.
  • Joy Siega
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Joy Siega ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am hopeful for it to happened but whatever happens we will still push through it can’t let covid hold us down even if its just my fiance and i. I hope that all of this be over already so all the brides can have the wedding they dreamed of! I wish you and your fiance all the best and congratulations on the baby!
  • Jessica
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So my wedding has also been postponed this is the 3rd date 😅 found out I was pregnant last January so pushed my wedding up to may 2020 but then covid canceled that and we are scheduled for may 29th 2021. So I feel your pain! Our venue is in York region though and is an all outdoor wedding so we’re still hoping to have at least 50 guests outdoor. I have high hopes! I hope you’re able to have your 50 guests!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is no answer to say for when the limit of 50 guests will take place depending when things clear up more. The hope is there and waiting to have the day to be special. Your vendors for photography and video would be nice to come out for the ceremony.

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    While no one can say with utmost certainty what things will look like in May, it is evident that Toronto is always hit the hardest with cases and restrictions. My best advice is for you to come up with Plan A (50 people indoors) and Plan B (10 people intimidate wedding). Decide by April which one you’ll go with.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While no one can tell you what will happen in May, considering Toronto is the (sometimes second) worst hit area for covid in the province, I wouldn't count on 50 indoors. Definitely have a contingency with just 10 people as a backup. We also postponed from last year and will be going through with our ceremony even if only 5 people are allowed (unless the city somehow bans weddings).

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel you. Good news is you can have a really nice wedding even if it's only with 10 people. Hopefully things work out okay for you Smiley smile

• Joy Siega
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Joy Siega ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know and this is just frustrating. But either way I just want this to be done and over with and still gonna push through with the wedding even with just 10people. Covid already postponed way too many milestone in my life
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nobody knows what things will look like in May so unfortunately nobody is going to be able to give you a solid answer. Check if your province has a plan for easing restrictions based on case/hospitalization numbers and that may help give you an idea. But especially with the variants spreading, I don't think anyone can predict where we'll be in May of this year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics