Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Wedding Planning is stressful...

Carine, on September 21, 2022 at 10:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19

Wedding planning is stressful, what are things you doing before the wedding to pamper yourself to help calm the nerves and stress?

I booked a week off before and after the wedding. I am planning on a day of hair prep, nails, waxing, massage and facial to help calm the nerves and also to get ready for the big day.

For the newly Wives, what did you do to help keep the nerves down?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 26, 2022 at 14:27
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If anything it would relax you. Hope all goes well. Congratulations!

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking the week off before and after the wedding, my week off before the wedding just started - getting so close!

I'm planning on spending most of the week sewing my reception dress and a rehearsal dress, plus getting my nails done. Sewing is a hobby of mine that I enjoy so hoping that doesn't stress me out Smiley smile

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! Ditto - priorities that's for sure Smiley sexy

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great, I like that I'm not the only one who plans a head on stuff. Feel like I'm crazy.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already have it planned out Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's too bad we aren't getting the cottage only the night before because 2 full weeks would be great by the beach and relaxing.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don't have any really nice beaches here in alberta either! You wonder why we got married in BC 😂
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also took the week off before and after the wedding, mostly so I could have the extra time during the day to get things done and/or relax prior, as I work long days so my evenings are pretty short. I am getting a facial a few days before the wedding and planning a mani/pedi that week too.

We have some friend coming in from out of country who have never been to Canada before, so we are also going to spend a day with them, I think going to the zoo and dinner at our fave spot in town!

I'm sure we will plan a meal with the few family that are flying in from out of town too.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley love I am so jealous, they are so cute. We have lamas here, may do that, or there's this Jurassic park like place with the northern animals, I've always wanted to go but could never justify the price, but I can milk it and say it's a special occasion.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been planning and getting things ready that by the time the wedding comes everything will be done and ready. But it is important to splurge and have a me day, we all worked hard to plan the wedding of our dreams.

I'm not really worried about disaster, as long as there's food, music and drinks we are all good.

I already had a dream of my photographer not showing up in my dreams, nothing is ruining my day.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is so much fun!!!
    Wedding Planning is stressful... 1Wedding Planning is stressful... 2

Wedding Planning is stressful... 3

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll have to find something else, our beaches here are not the prettiest. I'll also need to go to a tanning booth for a glow.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh hell yeah on the drinks. Mamosa's all week lol.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I like that Idea, a week and a half before the wedding. I want to go to a kangaroo farm that honestly sounds so much fun.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am taking the week off leading up to the wedding and a week off after the wedding. In terms of calm the nerves - I think I am going to book myself a spa day! During my week off, I will be having a lot of family coming from Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick and it will be hectic. Most of these family members I will not have seen in 4 years and some 7 years, I will also be meeting some of my fiancé's family for the first time too. So I think in the middle of the week I am just going to have a me day!

Most of the family will be keeping me distracted - which is good! But I am not worried about being stressed before the wedding. After being at 3 different weddings this year - they all said the same thing to me - don't worry too much because sometimes, things will not go as planned and there is nothing you can do about it. I also am a very organized person and most of what I need is done! Right now its just slowly but surely finding things on Facebook and buying things for the wedding that does not need personalization.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So jealous!!! Smiley love

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Being at the beach every day when it was plus 38 degrees definitely helped keep our minds at ease!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds lovely! I agree, not to think about it too much (easier said than done LOL).

I plan on taking a week before and after the wedding. Definitely getting a massage in before the big day, nails and drinks Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just didn't think about it too much! I knew if I constantly reminded myself I was getting married I would stress myself out and worry too much!
    I took a week and a half off before the wedding and 3 weeks after the wedding!
    I went and got my nails done with my moh and mom. Spent each day before the big day at the beach and the day before the wedding after the rehearsal we all went to the kangaroo farm! Had dinner in the evening with our close friends at Cactus Club!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics