Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner February 2020 Alberta

Wedding Pictures

Ashley, on March 8, 2020 at 16:34 Posted in Just married 0 10
Hi Brides,
How long is an acceptable or appropriate time for the photographer to give the bride and groom 1 picture of their big day? Like a sneak peak, we didn’t include it in our contract as we assumed it was photographer etiquette.
Thanks,Ashley

10 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 11, 2020 at 14:40
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our contract says we will get our photos/videos within 2 weeks. I hope that is true. Although our photographer is always travelling for weddings, like around the world and even when we did our engagement shoot he got it back to us within a week and there was hundreds of photos!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah so we got a highlight gallery after 1 month, which was around 300 pictures I think. A few weeks later we got all of our photos on a USB (about 700 photos).

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Kelly!! Wishful thinking!
    Did you get all your pictures after 1 month and how many was that?
    I feel i didn’t check this properly first as pur contract says 70 days for 450 picsThanks Ashley
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its not etiquette. Sorry.

Some photographers do this, but if they do, its usually included in their contract.

We didn't get any photos for almost a month after our wedding, which is what our contract stated.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just call them and ask me to send one or two photos. but we specified in our contract we want 50 pics within the month cuz i cant wait i will want to see them!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 to 6 weeks time of photos are acceptable if no sneak peak pictures are included in the deal. Some give it as a bonus if they do send you some beforehand or put in their contract.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my photographer we had spoken previously so that we could get one for the thank-you cards right away and were able to get a couple just about a week later. If it's not in the contract and you hadn't mentioned it then I would think they don't have it on their mind that you would want that. Best bet would be to reach out and say thank you to them for being there and you can't wait to see the pics.... and if they were done any you would be super excited to see a sneak peak? Smiley tongue

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It definitely depends on the photographer. I would send them a message asking if they have any sneak peaks yet and depending on what they say get an expected date to get a peak or all of your photos. This isn't exactly peak wedding season so they should have time to get you something.

With our engagement photos I wasn't expecting them for weeks and our photographer had them all turned around in about 3 days. It turns out she had a free day and once she started editing she couldn't stop! I'm not expecting the same thing for our wedding photos, especially since I know she has another wedding booked the day after ours.
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Geneviève! It’s only been 2 weeks, my friends all got 2 pics the next day, but that could have been in their contract. I’ll just wait. Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it!
    Best,
    Ashley
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sneak peeks depend on the photographer but the average I’ve heard of on here is 2 weeks to a month. You could always ask for a sneak peek if it’s been enough time. Worst they can say is no.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics