Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Wedding photos

Jessica, on December 16, 2020 at 10:26 Posted in Just married 0 5
My husband and I got married October 17. We received some of our photos as a “sneak peek” because I requested it, however; the remainder of the photos (which wasn’t a lot, it was only getting ready and ceremony) are still up in limbo.

I’ve messaged my photographer multiple times, they keep giving me different dates and excuses each time.
What should I do? We paid them the remaining amount on the wedding day.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on December 20, 2020 at 20:27
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer told us it could take up to 5 months to get all our photos. We were married on October 2 and got all of ours about 2 weeks ago.

I reached out and asked for a few "print quality" photos around remembrance day so that I could get some printed for gifts without needing to sacrifice quality by stealing them from facebook. She sent us about 20 then, mostly repeats from her posts but a few fresh ones of family. If you haven't gotten many yet I would ask if they can send you a small amount of print ready shots. Odds are when they sit down to send those they might get sucked in to editing the rest. Photographers who do more than just weddings get super crazy busy this time of year with everyone wanting Christmas photos taken and fall photos back, and this year more and more people got family photos done because of covid.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should look at your contract. Hopefully you and your photographer agreed on a timeline for delivery of the final photos? If not you may just have to be patient and wait a bit longer.

Like Sara noted, 2 months isn't that long for wedding photos. Some photographers definitely get them back sooner than that, but many photographers take a few months to edit everything, especially if it's a busy time of year for weddings. Remember that they take hundreds, if not thousands, of photographs per event and they look at each and every one to colour correct, edit, maybe delete if it's not a keeper, etc. And if they've had a lot of events around the same time as yours they may not even get to your photos for several weeks after your wedding.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does your contract stipulate a delivery date?

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, two months is reaaaalllly not long enough for photographers, considering they typically edit every single photo they take before sending them back to you. I've spoken to some brides that have waited up to 6 months before receiving all their photos. I'd wait until end of January before asking again, especially considering how busy photographers are over the holiday season.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would keep pushing - I know if they edit it typically takes 3-4 weeks to get the final copies, but you should have gotten them by now. I would just keep pushing and sending e-mails and following up. that is all you can do at this moment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics