Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Wedding Photography on a budget!

Ashleigh, on October 27, 2018 at 07:58 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi everyone,

im Scottish but want to get married at Niagara Falls so obviously want a good photographer to catch the moment! I have been looking at prices and it seems very very expensive compared to here in the U.K.! Can anyone recommend someone who is reasonably priced? It’s a small wedding, and will be a midweek day to keep costs down! Thanks in advance xx

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on October 31, 2018 at 10:16
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ashleigh,

I actually find 3K to be a good price - mine is over that but I was willing to pay for the photographer I booked. I got quoted $5k at one place just for photos and $9k for both photo and video.

I think it's also about what you're getting. For mine I get an engagement session included, 12 hour coverage on the day with 2 photographers, every single one of my photos fully edited in colour AND black and white, and a 40 page leather bound coffee table book that the photographer designs (which I get 1 round of revisions to approve). To me this was worth it.

• A
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brittany!

Thanks very much I will keep looking Smiley smile I just didn’t know if that was the norm for you guys!! Xx
  • A
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh so it does I’ve updated now! Those quotes were just for photos! Not decided about a videographer yet! Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashleigh! Congatulations! And Tori is right, there's going to be a wide range of pricing from photographers. I ended up with one that is doing 8 hours, plus an engagement shoot, for about $1850... You're more likely going to find a lot of $3000+ ones... but if you keep searching, I promise you'll find one for a good quality to cost balance!

Sometimes you have to look into smaller photographers (meaning people who are passionate about it, but it may not be their full time thing)... My photographer has a Monday to Friday 9-5 job... but she takes amazing photos and does amazing editing. I'd recommend her if she wasn't in Vancouver!!

Good luck!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that is way too much especially if that doesn't include a videographer!!

And it is the 1st but on your wedding wire account for your wedding countdown you have it set to the 1st of July as your wedding day so I just assumed...

• A
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori,

Thanks for the reply!

Happy to pay this amount , the first two quotes I got were over $3000!

is Canada day not the 1st? We plan to get married on the 7th.

Ashleigh
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I can't offer much help in finding one but the average price here in Canada that I'm aware of is roughly $1,500 and I'm not sure you would be getting many discounts due to the day you are choosing. It just so happens to be Canada Day so as much as you will get free fireworks by going to the park - you may have to pay more for that day.

Congrats on the engagement by the way!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashleigh! Congratulations on your wedding!

WeddingWire provides a list of different vendors all over Canada, so here's the link for Niagara Falls Photographers!

Good luck with your search!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics