Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dwayne
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Wedding photographer ghosting?

Dwayne, on March 22, 2023 at 13:51 Posted in WeddingWire 0 6
Hello to all! Wanted to gauge the community feedback on an issue we are having with our wedding photographer. Our wedding day went perfect, both photographers came and stayed till almost the end of the night. As per the contract we were to receive the photos back in 2 months, it took a bit longer for him to get back to us which was fine. He emailed us his website where he had uploaded the edited photos from our wedding. That’s when the problems arose, after reviewing the photos we noticed there were pictures missing with some groomsmen walking down the isle, some photos were heavily edited to the point my aunt looked a different skin tone. Worst of all, my brother who was also my best man did a surprise speech and there was not one photo of this moment. We reached out to him again asking if these could be looked into and he responded saying he would get back to us by midnight. Unfortunately that was the last conversation we had with him. All forms of contact had been attempted through the following months, he had not responded to texts, calls, emails. Finally my wife called from a different number and he picked up. He apologized saying he was on the road and was very busy but would give us an update on Monday. Monday came and went and we received no form of communication from him. Hard not to think that he is ghosting us, It’s been 6 months since the wedding now. wondering if there any advise that I can get on how to proceed further or are we over thinking things a bit?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on March 27, 2023 at 23:31
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should download what you are able to access ASAP before you lose those. At least you'll have something. You can also check on social media and connect with those who hired him. See if they have any issues and maybe someone will be able to get a hold of him.

Do you have a physical address? That's one way to track him, or at least a way for a lawyer to communicate if you choose to go the legal route.

Good luck!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really hope for the best for you. Once you get everything you should consider a review.

I wonder how many people he's done this to.

Good luck!

• Dwayne
    Dwayne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Carine!

I thought about doing a review but I’m a bit worried at that point we might never see the pictures haha. I have asked for all photos and in the contract it did state a USB with all photos so here hoping I get some good news soon.
  • Dwayne
    Dwayne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did have conversations about capturing certain moments and of course some of those did get captured. My brother did a 5 min speech, there is a chance he did capture that moment but didn’t edit it so I don’t know for sure. Me and my wife were both ok with him taking longer should he have needed to but to go completely silent on us is just disappointing.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is not a great experience; I would leave him a review. I would also ask for all the photos he took since he is missing the important moments of the wedding, I would also ask for the unedited copies and see if you can find someone else. If you paid with credit, I would put a claim with your credit company as he did not fulfill the contract agreement.

Hopefully it works out.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dwayne,

I am sorry to hear this happened. Maybe someone with a photography background can speak more about this and what is reasonable but looking at things from your angle, I do think it is wrong he keeps brushing you off and is not dealing with the issue. The photos that look too edited, I don't see why he can't re edit more to your liking and resend? as far as missing some of the moments, he obviously cannot do anything about this now but an explanation at the very least and maybe partial reimbursement I'm thinking would be proper. Did you have a chance to look at his portfolio before hiring him? did the photos look okay? also did you discuss special moments to capture with him? I mean I would think moments of the groomsmen walking down the aisle would be expected but regardless, he owes you a conversation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics