Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caroline
Newbie April 2020 Ontario

Wedding photographer

Caroline, on January 1, 2020 at 22:21 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hi there,

We’re having a hard time finding a wedding photographer that’s in our budget. So many different packages & options. Any recommendations? Something affordable!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tinaka, on January 2, 2020 at 21:48
  • T
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I put a post on some of the wedding pages on Facebook. I simply asked for a recommendation on a photographer who would be willing to work within a budget. I received a bunch of suggestions and then I sent out a message to the ones I liked. I stated what my top price was, told them I was willing to sacrifice some things if needed and asked what they could offer me for that.

I ended up finding a Photographer I love, a package that works for us and at the budget I set.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Put together your own package and then email photographers to see the pricing. we found that they were SOO expensive but we ended up doing a custom package in our budget with an amazing photographer

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, look outside the GTA. Ours is outside of Hamilton and even we felt the pinch of those high Toronto prices. You might be able to book a photographer with a reasonable travel rate and be able to save.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You live in the same area as me! Considering this, I haven’t found a photographer in Toronto / GTA for less than $2500 plus tax.

We extended our budget for photography so we were able to get our dream photographers to shoot our day.
    It also depends on how many shooters you need/want, if there’s any travel involved in the wedding, how long you need them for.
    We’re doing 2 shooters with all day coverage and it included engagement photos.
    Photos are something you’ll have forever so I always recommend stretching your budget to make sure you get a quality photographer.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Professional photographer will cost more than than your budget unless you do ask to get something within the package to work for you.
    Alternative is looking into student photographer starting out saving you hundreds of dollars. Its an idea to get your budget way under than expected.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Caroline, welcome to wedding wire!

What sort of budget did you have in mind? I've noticed on here that a lot of peoples idea of "budget" is very different. Location also has a big effect, brides in the gta for example have lots of options but they're more expensive than what I've found in the maritimes.
    I would recommend shopping around knowing roughly how many hours you'll need and what shots are most important. For example I don't need a lot of getting ready photos, so we're having about 4-5 hours of coverage. We didn't feel the need for a second photographer or video so we saved there. You can message photographers and see if they have an option for a certain level of coverage and you might save.
    I would ask yourself (and your fiance) how flexible the budget is, so that if you fall in love with a photographer out of the price range can you afford to sacrifice somewhere else to afford them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics